Author Topic: Sat-Dec-11-5k race  (Read 2214 times)

Offline safedba

• Borderline
Sat-Dec-11-5k race
« on: December 11, 2021, 10:00:34 AM »
22:20...still not in the 21+ category. Almost didn't make it. Race was at 8am, woke up at 7. Good weather though.

My nemesis 10 year old was there, he got a 20:52!

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
Re: Sat-Dec-11-5k race
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 03:49:20 PM »
Good job! I remember one time pulling into the parking lot of a 5K and running directly to the starting line as the gun went off. Not the best way to conserve energy.

Was the walking guy there?
Hockey sucks

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 08:40:52 PM »
Almost there.

I remember peeing into a coffee cup while driving, on my way to a race because I could not afford the time to stop for a proper washroom break if I was to make the race start. It was on a pretty deserted secondary one lane each way highway fortunately. Just made it to the start with two minutes to spare.
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline safedba

• Borderline
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 09:47:47 PM »
Good job! I remember one time pulling into the parking lot of a 5K and running directly to the starting line as the gun went off. Not the best way to conserve energy.

Was the walking guy there?

No, but I'll be looking for him. I was hoping too to be able to run the 5 miler this next Friday, but they are booked. I'll be running further afield  next week. I thought it was closer and now I see it's an hour a way.

Offline safedba

• Borderline
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 10:14:11 PM »
Almost there.

I remember peeing into a coffee cup while driving, on my way to a race because I could not afford the time to stop for a proper washroom break if I was to make the race start. It was on a pretty deserted secondary one lane each way highway fortunately. Just made it to the start with two minutes to spare.

I've done that before. It works ok if your equipment is long enough. I'm not saying I hang it out the window while driving, though.

Offline glwestcott

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 06:47:51 PM »
22:20...still not in the 21+ category. Almost didn't make it. Race was at 8am, woke up at 7. Good weather though.

My nemesis 10 year old was there, he got a 20:52!
Watching your posts makes me jealous of your speed. That 10 year old nemesis bit is funny. At this point, I’ve pretty much switched to just running decent distances several times a week without focus on speed as I inch toward those dreaded 80’s. Today was 5 miles in 39F temp and a bit of light rain off and on. Wasn’t fast, but was steady.  Figure if I keep it up long enough - say like 20 more years - I might be able to age grade respectably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Loco Coyote

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 01:08:50 PM »
Nice running you'll be sub 22 before long.

Offline safedba

• Borderline
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 07:26:29 AM »
Nice running you'll be sub 22 before long.

I'm hoping. I have to watch it w/warm ups to avoind getting injured again (the place where the hamstrings attach to my butt keep wanting to complain) When I was younger (45) I never really bothered warming up. Now it takes a couple of miles and slow stretching to feel like I'm warmed up.

+-SUPPORT US