Author Topic: Gravy help  (Read 3398 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Gravy help
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:47:51 AM »
Can I make gravy without an drippings? I won't have any andI really want some gravy this year.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
Re: Gravy help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:09:07 AM »
Can I make gravy without an drippings? I won't have any andI really want some gravy this year.

You can thicken broth, so yes. 

You could use any kind of meat to get some brown bits, though.  Sprinkle some chicken pieces with a bit of flour and seasoning and then brown, and then deglaze the pan.   You could even freeze it for later. 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:07:08 AM »
I want to become a gravy master. Gravy is my Achilles heel, I swear. I made the BEST turkey on Saturday, even the white meat was crazy moist. I was really happy with how it came out. My gravy was mediocre, though.

It is possible that I had a glass of wine or two before starting the gravy, though, and gave fewer fucks.

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 09:09:55 AM »
 :roll:
La madre degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 09:19:21 AM »
I want to become a gravy master. Gravy is my Achilles heel, I swear. I made the BEST turkey on Saturday, even the white meat was crazy moist. I was really happy with how it came out. My gravy was mediocre, though.

It is possible that I had a glass of wine or two before starting the gravy, though, and gave fewer fucks.

:D

You can thicken broth, so yes. 

You could use any kind of meat to get some brown bits, though.  Sprinkle some chicken pieces with a bit of flour and seasoning and then brown, and then deglaze the pan.   You could even freeze it for later. 

I'll be sure to cook some chicken this week so I can do this. Thanks!
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 12:28:24 PM »
Yep, stock works for gravy.

BA-- what sort of gravy problems are you having? I have taught many people to make gravy over the years. Maybe I can help.

+-SUPPORT US