Author Topic: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread  (Read 1573507 times)

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
Re: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #6500 on: January 22, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »
Sounds like you are doing great, Dev.  Congrats!  I don't think I could handle all the water they want you to drink on that program.  I would have to wear Depends to get a good night's sleep :)

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #6501 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
What's a good night's sleep? ;). Word is Friday they switch up the water challenge for something like sleeping > 7 hours.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline wherestheportojohn

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #6502 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
:rockon: Dev and RA!
On, Wisconsin

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #6503 on: January 25, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
Did you even have 4 to lose?? I'm now down 4 as well despite what turned into a PMS trail mix binge last night. The fact that I am bloated and weigh this is making me happy

I'm thinking about splurging one night and having a forbidden item but not yet. We lose one point per item but if its a combo of non-compliant foods (e.g., slice of pizza is flour plus cheese) it's still one point lost per serving. We'll see. I discovered yesterday that TJ's brown rice pasta is compliant (just brown rice and water) and that's sated my pasta craving a little. I made the most fabulous eggplant sauce to go with it (from "Plenty", GREAT cookbook) and loved it.

We have this book ... Which recipe? DH made a roasted caponata from that book that wasn't great but we did like the cover recipe eggplant dish.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #6504 on: January 26, 2014, 08:28:49 AM »
It's the eggplant served over corn polenta.  I have made it with actual polenta and it's really delicious, haven't made it during corn season yet to do the fresh corn thing.  I also make his hummus and it's delicious.  And I want to make the shakshuka.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6505 on: January 26, 2014, 08:35:59 AM »
isn't polenta always corn? lol
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #6506 on: January 26, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
polenta=ground dry corn I think.  his recipe calls for cutting the kernels off of fresh corn ears and processing them like the dry polenta.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6507 on: January 26, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »
polenta=ground dry corn I think.  his recipe calls for cutting the kernels off of fresh corn ears and processing them like the dry polenta.
Ah gotcha, never heard of it that way, only ground dry corn.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #6508 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:02 AM »
Ah gotcha, never heard of it that way, only ground dry corn.

Thanks, D!  I'll check it out.

Meri, we always laugh about this book because the recipes are gorgeous but he finds way to make boiling an egg a 10 step process where you do things like rub the egg shell with rosemary and let it sit in a bath of rose petal filled water for two days before cooking at 106 degrees. 

That's why I love knowing ahead of time which recipes are worth it!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6509 on: January 27, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
That sounds like wayyy too much work for me :D

Offline GreenMan

• The Runners
  • Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
« Reply #6510 on: January 27, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
That sounds like wayyy too much work for me :D

Then you probably won't be interested in these Chinese Tea Leaf Eggs.

Habits eat good intentions for breakfast.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #6511 on: February 08, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
I'm down one more pound and happy with my weight but my digestive system is not thrilled.  I alternate between a little bit off and really really off (like right now) and can't eat the toast and plain buttered pasta I would typically eat when my stomach isn't good.

Offline triciaflower

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #6512 on: February 09, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »
I feel like I've neglected y'all. I've been hanging out in the procreative updates thread.

Well I started another Whole30! Yay!! I lost 16 lbs during my last one and have slowly felt the weight creeping back up. Only about 4lbs, but still. Couple that with my intense sugar cravings that came back and my inability to turn down a brownie or cookie. Clothes are fitting tighter. Recipe for disaster.

So far it's going well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zaggor

• Just Getting Started
  • don't fall for it.
    • Swim Bike Run events directory
« Reply #6513 on: June 24, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »
That's quite interesting way of doing diet. You can read one of my post on this link http://www.sbradvisor.com/eating-marathon/
I'm running until sunset
www.sbradvisor.com

Offline zaggor

• Just Getting Started
  • don't fall for it.
    • Swim Bike Run events directory
« Reply #6514 on: October 24, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »
I found a couple of good articles about nutrition and eating advice. The website is about half marathon training   however, they also covered nutrition and hydration.
http://www.half-marathontraining.org
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:49:25 AM by zaggor »
I'm running until sunset
www.sbradvisor.com

+-SUPPORT US