Author Topic: What did you make for dinner last night?  (Read 394 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
What did you make for dinner last night?
« on: September 09, 2024, 03:50:31 AM »
I haven't cooked dinner consistently in so long that I feel like I have forgotten how to cook. I don't really like cooking in the first place. I made hot honey salmon in the air fryer last night, but I need to start cooking dinner more.
What did y'all make last night??
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: What did you make for dinner last night?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 07:17:26 AM »
We grilled a London broil and had fresh corn on the cob, green salad, and broccoli.

I love cooking but I have reached the point where I loathe making dinner because it's such a drag to cook every. damn. day.

So I'm starting a new thing this school year where everyone has an assigned night to cook mon-thurs. I don't care what you make but I'm not cooking!

I took Thursday night so I'll bat cleanup (e.g. use up leftovers). Then no formal plan Fri/Sat and everyone cooks together Sunday night for family dinner.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 07:24:20 AM »
Giant salad.  I needed to use up all the veggies from the farm that were still lurking in the fridge.  Threw in some broiled chicken for extra protein. 

Offline picote

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 01:26:02 PM »
Tilapia with lemon caper sauce, salad and steamed frozen veggies.

Saturday was seared tuna and salad.

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2024, 12:08:08 PM »
pizza (butternut squash & sage sauce, prosciutto, bocconcini) + a big leafy salad

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2024, 12:09:51 PM »
tonight will be stuff from the freezer... if I'm not mistaken, have shrimp wonton soup that needs using

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2024, 12:52:12 AM »
I'm writing down your meals to give me dinner ideas  :D

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2024, 12:47:16 PM »
I did not have wonton soup last night after all... lamb burger (lettuce, yogurt, mango pickle) with a nectarine, red onion, and feta salad.

Offline Kumbaya

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2024, 09:57:39 PM »
Taco Tuesday.
Carry out Thai tonight. I had pork flied lice.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2024, 01:56:04 AM »
I did not have wonton soup last night after all... lamb burger (lettuce, yogurt, mango pickle) with a nectarine, red onion, and feta salad.
Replace that "lamb" with "ham" (not oink oink) and i'm in. Even though I grew up eating lamb I just don't care for it anymore.

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2024, 07:17:57 PM »
so, tonight I am in a hotel in rural Newfoundland... one I booked because it has a restaurant... not a good restaurant, but I was looking forward to a hot turkey sandwich or other similar diner special

the restaurant is CLOSED FOR THE SEASON... the nearest open restaurant is over an hour away by car... but in a stroke of luck, the room has a microwave and the local (rural, Newfoundland) grocery is open... so I had a microwave-baked potato with melted cheese string, plain yogurt, and tabasco sauce

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2024, 07:51:21 PM »
so, tonight I am in a hotel in rural Newfoundland... one I booked because it has a restaurant... not a good restaurant, but I was looking forward to a hot turkey sandwich or other similar diner special

the restaurant is CLOSED FOR THE SEASON... the nearest open restaurant is over an hour away by car... but in a stroke of luck, the room has a microwave and the local (rural, Newfoundland) grocery is open... so I had a microwave-baked potato with melted cheese string, plain yogurt, and tabasco sauce

If had to pick people to make a decent dinner in that kind of situation, I'd want you on my team. Good save!

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2024, 07:59:01 PM »
If had to pick people to make a decent dinner in that kind of situation, I'd want you on my team. Good save!

I was hoping for some frozen edamame as a side, but no such luck. Still, much better than the time I had to eat dinner from a vending machine in Labrador.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2024, 02:29:16 AM »

Me too!!

Side note story - DH was traveling to the states one year when we first moved to Saudi, I forget for what. It was either on the way there or on the way back, they had to make an emergency landing. DH texted me that they had to land in Finland. A guy on the plane jsut broke up with his girlfriend. He drank lots of alcohol and took lots of pills (while in the air). I was like I am not the best in Geography but why the hell are they even near finland? Whatever, went about my day. They landed in NEWFOUNDLAND, but they pronounced it so fast that he thought they said Finland. I was like at what point did you realize you did not, in fact, land in Finland.  :D
And I remember him saying something about no food around as well.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2024, 09:38:44 AM »
Hah!!!

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2024, 08:19:35 PM »
Too funny.

+-SUPPORT US