Author Topic: New Years 5k race  (Read 2010 times)

Offline safedba

• Borderline
New Years 5k race
« on: January 01, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
23:13. Left butt still hurts from two weeks ago. Tried taping it, but I don't think that helped much. It's right up and on the spot where you sit. Warmed up OK, but when the gun went off I realized I'd just be doing some "mindful running". The amazing runner is a guy w/MS who runs w/a a stroller to keep his balance, but at age 50 ran a 17:35!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:26:03 AM by safedba »

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Re: New Years 5k race
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 11:50:41 AM »
 :o Great run both you and the 50 guy.

Started out the year with a hopefully luck 8.88K. Back is feeling a lot better than yesterday.
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline safedba

• Borderline
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 11:54:04 AM »
:o Great run both you and the 50 guy.

Started out the year with a hopefully luck 8.88K. Back is feeling a lot better than yesterday.

Honestly I don't know how you run as much as you do. For me, it's a balance. In all these races my heart and lungs are barely taxed, but my muscles and tendons are feeling it.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 12:01:18 PM »
I also just ran a 5K race. I ran it with a hangover. My time was a PW, but I don’t care. Just happy to be alive and running happy new year everyone!
Hockey sucks

Offline safedba

• Borderline
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 12:26:20 PM »
I also just ran a 5K race. I ran it with a hangover. My time was a PW, but I don’t care. Just happy to be alive and running happy new year everyone!

Had a good time last night? Good for you. I'm afraid to touch alcohol until I see what my liver enzymes are doing this next time. I don't even drink and my AST was 40.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 12:58:16 PM »
Had a good time last night? Good for you. I'm afraid to touch alcohol until I see what my liver enzymes are doing this next time. I don't even drink and my AST was 40.

Bummer, gotta take care of that liver. I’m not a heavy drinker. These days I would say New Year’s Eve is really the only night I get drunk. Otherwise I rarely have more than one beer.  Marijuana on the other hand…
Hockey sucks

Offline safedba

• Borderline
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 01:05:00 PM »
Bummer, gotta take care of that liver. I’m not a heavy drinker. These days I would say New Year’s Eve is really the only night I get drunk. Otherwise I rarely have more than one beer.  Marijuana on the other hand…

Don't do the MJ either. Random drug testing at work.

+-SUPPORT US