Author Topic: Cheaters only win for awhile...another one bites the dust  (Read 3659 times)

Offline SnarlyMarly

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting

Offline SnarlyMarly

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
Re: Cheaters only win for awhile...another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:07:03 PM »
I saw it, if that's what you mean, yep

More course-cutting double-letter drama

😂Forgot about the double letter thingy

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:47:41 PM »
Man, not only does "Double" (Derek) do a lot of digging, he really throws in the digs with his blogging. Yet, unfortunately, guys like him (or Randy!) are needed to ferret out the cheaters. I've reported two in the past year and a half; one successfully with the old CH 1-2 punch, one not.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
I have evidence of an illegal bib swap, but I'm keeping it in my pocket ... it's kinda stale and there's nothing worth pursuing about it

STORY: I was just poking around online, and I found a post-race pic of a couple

The caption reads something like "Another successful run for me and Sammy*"

Except, Sammy's bib says "Karen**"

Now, if I should happen to see the same two people, at the same race or something of equal prestige, and the names don't match up again, I'll consider blowing the whistle [only after thorough consultation with my homies, of course]

Or not, I dunno

Depends on how much I feel fucked with

* - not real name
** - also, not real name
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:32:34 AM »
"Double" refers to the double letters in the last names of cheaters that are getting caught: Kip Litton, Mike Rossi, Julie Miller, Kelly Roberts, etc.

I stumbled upon it after Julie Miller, and since then it's getting almost common enough to be a marker of some sort

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/About_this_double_letter_thing..._P6498129/?page=unread#unread

double is also his handle at Letsrun. And he posted a thread about this guy the other day.

In my other case I ran a mountain race at one of the resorts a couple years back. It featured two distances and the shorter race cut off early. The guy who won my age group finished top 3 overall--within 2 minutes of the defending world trail champion for the Open division. Since there was a couple hundred $ of bling involved with the awards, and he double dipped for OA and AG awards, I checked into this guy. He was a back of the packer in the trail series over previous years (as in 50% back from the leaders, not 2%). So I emailed the RD, but had no photo evidence. RD responded that they had contacted this individual and who claimed he'd run the entire course and they would not be investigating this any further.  So I choose not to do any races in their series anymore.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:44:59 AM by Coyote Mas Loco »
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Ah, a Utah boy!  They're a different breed out here.  Good article....I was wondering how in the hell you'd cheat in a fixed time race.  Make that bitch run his next one on a track!   :runner:

Thank goodness Kilian has one l.  The same can't be said for Scott Jurek  :panic:

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »
I assume there's more 'photo proof' from that White Rim trail run, because all I see is that he sat behind the wheel of a car that went 100 miles.  Very convincing!   :specs:

Offline Fred

• Turgid
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »
Really? I had no idea

I don't believe that I've visited the LR forums since the Mike Rossi thread was shut down

Did you read " Robert Young  fakes run across America " ? That's my favo(u)rite.

+-SUPPORT US