Author Topic: Was there ever a 2014 Goal thread?  (Read 6288 times)

iwuzwilson

Was there ever a 2014 Goal thread?
« on: January 15, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
I briefly scanned December and January 2014 and didn't see any evidence of such, other than the mileage thread.

So how it go for you? (will merge if one shows up).

Offline caito

• The Runners
Re: Was there ever a 2014 Goal thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »
It worked out well for me.  Over 2,000 miles and marathon PR.

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

iwuzwilson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »

Congrats on the PR!

Mine went well as well, and I also eked out just over 2000 running miles. I did over a dozen running races and six or seven ski races. Won age group Gold at Masters XC ski nationals in a foreshortened marathon, cut to 26K due to poor snow.

In running I equaled or exceeded all times from 2013 (thus matched or beat age group records from mile to marathon). Broke my age group record at the Equinox marathon, on the crummiest of weather days. I'm feeling the aging but the wheels haven't quite fallen off yet.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:02 PM »
Hot damn! 
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Fionn mac Cumhail

• The Runners
  • El Superbeasto
    • The 44-40s
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:10 PM »

Hell yeah!

Over 2000 miles and a 3rd fastest marathon out of 7 for me!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 01:26:31 AM »
Raj, that is great. Caito, good work, too.

Two marathons and seveal half marathons where i surprised myself in terms of speed.  I did not know that i could do 1:50 half marathons anymore and i never do speedwork. I had estimated two hours as a reasonable time. One marathon was walk/run, the other one ws a BQ.

Over 2,000 miles, which means i kept the minimum of 40 mpw i am used to.

Changing age groups in March. That may be fun.

I joined a running club, but it is 50 miles away.

Offline Annoying Ultrarunner Wannabe

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
Good job all!
Ran two 50ks one road one trail and one road 40 miler.   All firsts for me.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »
I went back and looked and we had a fall goals thread, and a winter goals thread, and then tried out a chatty running thread. But, I agree, no goals thread.

2014 was notsogreat. A lot of other stuff distracted me from running. And, when have to start back over from ground zero, running is hard, yo!

January- Injured my foot being stupid and running too much/too fast/too many hills.
February- Traveled 3 full weeks for work.
March- Surprisingly, eeked out a 2:02 hm despite not much training in the preceeding 2 months. Met a boy, who was also a runner, but also a distraction, and who also got injured. Traveled 2 weeks for work. Plus went on vacation. Also, bought a house.
April: Traveled 2 weeks for work. Closed on house. Moved. Ran a dismally hard relay race.
May: Began remodel work on house. Distraction boy became more of a distraction and got hurt. Traveled for work 1x.
June: Ran maybe 1x
July: Ran maybe 1x
Aug: started running again with some regularity -2-3x/week. It was hot. And hard. and I was out of shape and it sucked a lot.
Sept: bailed on a planned half. Continued above sucky running
Oct & Nov: more of the same
December: decided to run the lake samm half for the 3rd year in a row, because it falls on our anniversary. :) So, started training and finally started feeling fitter & faster for the first time in MONTHS.

Offline Fionn mac Cumhail

• The Runners
  • El Superbeasto
    • The 44-40s
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
So, started training and finally started feeling fitter & faster for the first time in MONTHS.
:clap:

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 11:05:09 PM »
:clap:

And then broke myself. So now I'm resting. ...

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »
I had a craptastic year :( poor winter running led to a subpar Umstead 100, my pacing at NJ marathon was fine but it should have felt easier, my first 24 hour race I had a somach bug and puked in the bushes most of the race, second 24 hour race I bailed at 100K when I felt the course was unsafe after midnight (later found out a female was mugged the year prior), second 100 miler sucked in a hundred different ways and the weather sucked and I got pulled at 27 miles, finished the year with a 12 hour race where I came in first female. So at least I ended on a high note :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

+-SUPPORT US