Author Topic: Gluten free garlic bread  (Read 5580 times)

Offline redkitty

• Passed on to another Brane
Gluten free garlic bread
« on: January 02, 2014, 09:26:27 PM »
Anyone have a recipe for gluten free garlic bread or a brand of gluten free garlic bread? 

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
Re: Gluten free garlic bread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:53:45 AM »
Well....  In my opinion, gf bread is pretty nasty.  :D. But my mom slathered some in butter, garlic, and put cheese on top, then in the oven, and that was by far the tastiest gr bread I've had.

So the moral of the story is that melted butter and cheese make everything good.   :preen:

I wish I could be of more help...  But gf bread isn't great. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:04:06 AM »
I find that the bread i make at home is the tastiest GF bread, though i have not really tried many GF breads from the store. Though the breads i have made would not be the kind for garlic bread. They are good for toast!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:58:39 AM »
I find that the bread i make at home is the tastiest GF bread, though i have not really tried many GF breads from the store. Though the breads i have made would not be the kind for garlic bread. They are good for toast!

Post a recipe anyway. I can always just make the bread.  and serve everyone else garlic bread. Or I can make garlic toast by putting butter and garlic powder on it. I do that all the time with bread...even "crappy" white bread. (my grandma calls it crappy white bread.) 

I was originally going to make lasagna for a family get together next weekend. My sister is GF.  But I now might be serving steak, so I might not need bread anyway.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »
I bought Jovial brand lasagna noodles (gluten free) and they were tasty, did not see a difference. I pre-boiled them.

here is the recipe, the only change i made was i used xantham gum as i do not have guar gum, and i put it on dough only cycle on the bread machine then baked in a bread pan in the over at 350F for 35 minutes i think
http://munchinmochi.blogspot.com/2011/07/vegan-gluten-free-and-healthy-bread-for.html?m=1
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »
That bread looks pretty tasty.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 04:10:56 PM »
i have probably made it 5 or 6 times.