Author Topic: Stuffed bell peppers  (Read 3681 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Stuffed bell peppers
« on: January 01, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
What do you add to yours?
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Stuffed bell peppers
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »
i usually do brown rice or quinoa, lentils, diced veg (small dice), some salt, pepper, garlic, onion.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline monster2

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »
Hamburger, rice, a little tomato sauce, onions, corn sometimes, top with cheese.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
Hamburger, rice, a little tomato sauce, onions, corn sometimes, top with cheese.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Any spices?

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »
ground turkey, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and breadcrumbs seasoned with basil, oregano, and thyme.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »
I usually use this recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/dads_stuffed_bell_peppers/
but the last two times dh said it needed more spices. So today I used this recipe as a base, but I added freshly ground pepper, cumin, ginger, paprika and cayenne, corn, extra garlic, parsley and cilantro, and a finely chopped bell pepper sautéed with the onions. So so good. Next time I'm going to mix a little of the ketchup/worchestershire mixture into the meat too.

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
Bread stuffing: bread crumbs & cubes, minced onion & garlic, optional grated zuccini or cooked and cubed eggplant or cooked and cubes squash and/or minced fresh mushrooms, optional ground nuts, dried savory or fresh oregano or sage and/or parsley, a beaten egg or some olive oil for binding.

Meat stuffing: ground mutton or goat or moose or venison, onion & garlic, bread crumbs or bulgar soaked for an hour so and drained, salt and (raisins or chopped prunes, cumin, hot pepper, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper) or (feta, fresh oregano, mint, lemon zest, more garlic) or (pine nuts, thyme, rosemary, parsley), egg to bind if needed

+-SUPPORT US