Author Topic: Tuesday, October 11th  (Read 2804 times)

Online glwestcott

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
Tuesday, October 11th
« on: October 11, 2022, 02:28:04 PM »
Short 30 minute run with Apple fitness app today but with steadily increasing effort. Think I might include that or something similar every week or two. Heart rate recovery was 63 at the end of it which I think for someone over half way through his 70’s is pretty good. I didn’t start running until my early 60’s when I had to have stents in my iliac arteries and in my right cardiac artery. I always worked out in the gym and remained physically active, but hated running when I was a kid. It was the Couch to 5K app that finally got me going. I’m very grateful as running clearly has an amazing positive impact on my daily life. I’ll be interesting to see if I’m still at it into my next decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline DrT(weekendwrAcur)

• The Runners
Re: Tuesday, October 11th
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 08:47:24 AM »
1.5k (almost a mile), checked a box for the minimum distance to make it worth changing and putting on my running shoes!
Didn’t feel like it late in the day but glad I did.

Can definitely relate to your note, glw. Got serious about running in my 50s. I almost said late in life but if I play my cards right and don’t hit too many more cows this could still be “middle age”

Point is that often structured training and the fitness gadgets and data are part of the fun for me… which translates into making an excuse to trick me into doing a workout I might feel whiny about