Author Topic: Saturday May 2  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
Saturday May 2
« on: May 02, 2020, 07:36:59 PM »
8.7 miles with workout. All on turf and dirt at a local park.
25 minute warm up with drills

3X 110 m accelerations (last one more or less all out) around a modified make believe baseball diamond.
3X 4 minutes at CV (was supposed to be LT but went faster), LT, and 1 mile race pace.
30 minute cool down, steady effort.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Saturday May 2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 07:50:52 PM »
So what would you tell one of your clients if you programmed them for LT and they ran it at CV?

I walked 5K this morning before we headed out. Pete Ripmaster is a local ultra legend who's won the Iditarod among his many accomplishments. He's running a "move 5K everyday in May" to raise funds for a charity. So I did the tough WOD I intended this afternoon but had hills for breakfast.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 07:57:40 PM »
So what would you tell one of your clients if you programmed them for LT and they ran it at CV?

I walked 5K this morning before we headed out. Pete Ripmaster is a local ultra legend who's won the Iditarod among his many accomplishments. He's running a "move 5K everyday in May" to raise funds for a charity. So I did the tough WOD I intended this afternoon but had hills for breakfast.

Seeing that the last one was supposed to be mile, I'd say see, you paid the price and probably would have run faster on that last rep. But in my case, I did slow down on the 2nd rep to a more controlled LT. The plan was LT, CV, mile. I just switched the first two--but am encouraged that CV more or less felt like LT so fitness is returning.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline ByloSelheigh

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:58:12 PM »
9 miles all on grass, dirt and fine gravel.
Notable observations were a group of around 12 HS seniors in full graduation cap and gowns drinking beer in the greenspace with reasonably good social distancing.
Good for them.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
I'm super glad for you that fitness is getting where you want it. :)

Bylo, that is good news.  Good for them.  Man I feel for the Class of 2020.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ