Author Topic: NCAA Cross Country last weekend  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
NCAA Cross Country last weekend
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »
Interesting that this is a running forum but there practically is no discussion of running outside of today's 4 mile excursion into the burbs. And NCAA b-ball or f-ball get lots of talk on the other side, but the sport of running is banished to Siberia here.

Anyway, there were some good race in Louisville--good races up front in the team and individual competition.

Men's summary
http://www.letsrun.com/news/2017/11/favorites-justyn-knight-northern-arizona-deliver-win-2017-ncaa-cross-country-titles/

Women's summary
http://www.letsrun.com/news/2017/11/ednah-kurgat-wins-leads-new-mexico-womens-team-title-2017-ncaa-womens-cross-country-championship/

I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
Re: NCAA Cross Country last weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:30:32 AM »
The women's winner, Ednah Kurgat, is 26 years old.  Seems a little unfair; but it is not against the rules since she started college much later than typical!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:32:17 AM by Richard21142 »

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
I thought there was a 24 yr old age limit for D1, regardless of when you started. Exceptions would be military service or a mission, as in BYU. D2 and D3 are a bit more open ended.

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »
Suck it BYU!  I need to start following college XC again.  It was fun for a long time while I was tracking runners I'd followed since high school, but it's lost its luster lately. 

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »
Suck it BYU!  I need to start following college XC again.  It was fun for a long time while I was tracking runners I'd followed since high school, but it's lost its luster lately.

There's been some good things happening with a changing of the guard at the team level, e.g., Syracuse, NAU, Portland, NM, etc. instead of Oregon, CU, Stanford and some good racing for the individual crowns. I'm not keen on the selection/ranking system. NCAAs are one of the most competitive meets in the world.

+-SUPPORT US