Author Topic: The kids are cooking  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
The kids are cooking
« on: August 15, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
OK, mine aren't "kids" anymore.

DS was home last weekend and I made a Dutch Baby recipe that a certain Cher posted on Facebook.  :heartbeat: He loved it so much he went out and bought a cast-iron skillet and all the stuff and sent me a picture of his finished dish.

I told DD that she could take my slow cooker with her back to college, and last night she made us a cheesy chicken and tater tot casserole. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
Re: The kids are cooking
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »
Tater tots!!   :heartbeat:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 03:17:38 PM »
Very nice! My DD went to cooking camp this week, it was very exciting for her.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:41:58 PM »
That's wonderful!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Rejaneration

• Passed on to another Brane
  • The Arbiter of Cool
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
OK, mine aren't "kids" anymore.

DS was home last weekend and I made a Dutch Baby recipe that a certain Cher posted on Facebook.  :heartbeat: He loved it so much he went out and bought a cast-iron skillet and all the stuff and sent me a picture of his finished dish.

I told DD that she could take my slow cooker with her back to college, and last night she made us a cheesy chicken and tater tot casserole. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Woohoo!   :D :D :D

Did you serve it with fresh strawberries?!
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. -Maya Angelou

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."  St. Augustine

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 08:21:01 PM »
Woohoo!   :D :D :D

Did you serve it with fresh strawberries?!

I did not but that does sound good. I did orange zest and sugar on top and that was B's favorite part. I'm glad he's cooking but I had to give him my zester.

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »
That wonderful, Natasha! Isn't it wonderful to watch our kids become grown ups?

Our kids love to cook too. Ds has been on his own in the last year and a half and had been quite adventurous in cooking traditional dishes that I used to make for the family. I love that he would ask me for the recipes, then posts pics on his timeline on FB. Makes me proud!

Dd is also on her own and quite frugal, so she experiments with on-hand ingredients coming up with something wonderful that she sends me the recipes to recreate at home. Her bf is vegetarian so that makes it a bit more challenging to turn traditional dishes into a meatless fare. She made our thanksgiving dinner at last year. The only thing I prepped was the turkey. Everything was delish!
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

+-SUPPORT US