Author Topic: Yogurt  (Read 549 times)

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Yogurt
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 08:22:29 PM »
Protein is actually the same, as I understand it. The body can put to use a certain amount at any sitting. So better to break it into smaller amounts throughout the day than all at once.

This is what I was taught as well and it was ~ 20 g of protein per hour IIRC.  So I googled and found this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/

So interesting...and not at all conclusive
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline DocBuzzkill

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 06:10:35 AM »
This is what I was taught as well and it was ~ 20 g of protein per hour IIRC.  So I googled and found this:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/

So interesting...and not at all conclusive

Yep.  With the small number of participants in these studies, you might guess correctly that StatistiCat is not impressed.  :purr: ;)
StatistiCat sez: Show me your confidence intervals.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 08:16:45 AM »
Ha!  Yes.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 10:37:47 AM »
Assuming your portion size is around 6 oz, I think the amounts of protein and calcium in yogurt made from Fairlife milk are well below the levels that would overwhelm the body's ability to make full use of those nutrients.  If I'm wrong about that, I'd be interested in seeing the evidence. 

Interesting: a portion size for regular milk is 8 oz.  So reducing it to 6 for this milk provides similar benefits.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »
Interesting: a portion size for regular milk is 8 oz.  So reducing it to 6 for this milk provides similar benefits.

Oh, I just used 6 oz because that's my personal serving size for yogurt :).  But I don't think an 8 oz portion is going to exceed any limits either.  Yogurt is a great source of both protein and calcium, but not great enough in that amount to overload the body's capacity to use those nutrients. 

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 08:51:09 AM »
still make mine every week.  But I have to buy yogurt for DH.  He likes the sweetened kind.
I was going to Charlotte for a week for work, then when I got back I had only a few days and was off to Texas for 4 days.....etc.
 I will start a batch tonight.
A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass._Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

+-SUPPORT US