Author Topic: Recipe apps  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
Recipe apps
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:08 PM »
Anybody use them? have a favorite?

I got How to Cook Anything as a freebie and like it. I want an app to save my own recipes in, though. Currently I'm trying to decide between Evernote Food and Paprika.

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
Re: Recipe apps
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:56:59 AM »
I have not downloaded any recipe apps in my iPad. I should. I'll find Cook Anything. Yeah, an app that would save your own recipe would be nice.
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »
:D Thanks for the sympathy post.

Paprika looks awesome because you can clip recipes in original format or enter your own recipes. You can put recipes on a calendar, and create a shopping list that  is a summation of everything from the list. I think it even can keep track of what's in your pantry? So that it knows not to add those things to your shopping list. So... great, but it costs $4.99 for the iPad and $4.99 for the iPhone. (They sync.)  So... I do use my iPad in the kitchen, but I don't take it shopping with me. So I'd probably want to get both.

Evernote Food is 1. free, and 2. easier to search by keywords. But it doesn't have the shopping list or calendar.

I may just try Evernote Food as I've already got a lot of my recipes in Evernote, so they could just move into the new app.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
i am a Pinterest junkie.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »
i am a Pinterest junkie.

I do use Pinterest a little. Mainly for browsing.

OK, I got both apps. Evernote note is a lot easier to set up and clip and copy from the web, but Paprika might be easier to actually work with once I have most of my recipes in.

My chief problem with making food is that I forget what I've made in the past that was good, and hopefully if I use it I can look back to see what worked and what didn't.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »
Are you still liking both apps, or would you recommend one in particular?

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
Anybody use them? have a favorite?

I got How to Cook Anything as a freebie and like it. I want an app to save my own recipes in, though. Currently I'm trying to decide between Evernote Food and Paprika.

I have that freebie, too. Never use it.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
Are you still liking both apps, or would you recommend one in particular?

I'm using Paprika. I only got it for the iPad mini, and I take it to the store with me so I can use the shopping list. It's pretty sweet.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »
I downloaded a free app with New York Times recipes.  It's great.

+-SUPPORT US