Author Topic: Fancy appetizers suggestions?  (Read 2784 times)

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
Fancy appetizers suggestions?
« on: December 01, 2021, 10:30:09 PM »
We’re having a neighborhood party and I need to bring an appetizer dish. The hosts are doing wood fired pizzas, but these things are usually pretty fancy parties. I’ve only been once before and brought deviled eggs with caviar, but that’s my one nicer app, so I’m clueless.
Also looking for fairly easy… Any suggestions?

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Fancy appetizers suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
yucca flour (tapioca starch) buns w/iberico ham and manchego: one of my new favourite potluck contributions is pao de queijo https://braziliankitchenabroad.com/brazilian-cheese-bread/, which I affectionately call magic cheese cookies because toward the end of an evening, one of my neighbours drunkenly leaned on me and said, "you have to teach me how to make these magic cheese cookies"... a local tapas place does them without cheese, then splits them and makes little sandwiches with iberico ham and manchego and they are to die for, so that's my suggestion... plus iberico is FANCY ham

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 11:15:37 AM »
https://www.bhg.com/recipe/blue-cheese-apricot-bites/

Perhaps a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens isn't truly fancy  :D but I have made these once and thought they were great!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 04:33:49 PM »
Does it have to be something prepared by you, because I think a charcuterie board would be good.

Offline picote

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 05:17:23 PM »
yucca flour (tapioca starch) buns w/iberico ham and manchego: one of my new favourite potluck contributions is pao de queijo https://braziliankitchenabroad.com/brazilian-cheese-bread/, which I affectionately call magic cheese cookies because toward the end of an evening, one of my neighbours drunkenly leaned on me and said, "you have to teach me how to make these magic cheese cookies"... a local tapas place does them without cheese, then splits them and makes little sandwiches with iberico ham and manchego and they are to die for, so that's my suggestion... plus iberico is FANCY ham

Ha! I love it!  :roll:

I was already thinking along the lines of rolled prosciutto or iberico *something,* because fancy ham,  but couldn't figure out what. :D Since I'm part basque, it's especially good!

That blue cheese/apricot recipe looks good too, and not super hard. Thank you!

Offline glwestcott

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »
Pesto stuffed cherry tomatoes. Cut off top and spoon out insides of cherry tomatoes and then fill them with good homemade pesto. Very tasty, easy, and pretty red and green holiday colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline redkitty

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 02:21:43 PM »
Stuffed figs?

Offline picote

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 08:20:38 PM »
Ohhh, I like all of these. Some are easy enough to make as a tester too.

Offline Rejaneration

• The Arbiter of Cool
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 03:44:14 PM »
Seared scallops with a dollop of creme fraiche and a bit of black caviar, Top with chopped chives
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. -Maya Angelou

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."  St. Augustine

Offline picote

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 07:19:58 PM »
Seared scallops with a dollop of creme fraiche and a bit of black caviar, Top with chopped chives

Oh, that may go on our nye menu. Unfortunately for us, sick kids meant no fancy party, so I didn’t get to try any of these.

+-SUPPORT US