Author Topic: Headlight or running lamp recommendation  (Read 26881 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Headlight or running lamp recommendation
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »
I swear some times when I have my headlight on it seems to attract drivers!

Yes, this is actually a different kind of danger-- a driver being inadertantly drawn toward you because the eye is drawn toward you.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »
Yes, this is actually a different kind of danger-- a driver being inadertantly drawn toward you because the eye is drawn toward you.

It's a real thing, and drunk drivers are even more likely to "go to the light."  :yikes:  I don't try to light myself up at night.  If you want to run over this ninja, you're gonna have to work for it. 

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »
The founder of the company wrote back and is sending me a new battery compartment cover.  :D

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
 :heartbeat:

that's how I felt when Klipsch told me they were just mailing the part I needed to replace.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
Just wanted to check in here to say the knuckle lights are PERFECT for what I need. 

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2014, 03:14:26 PM »
Just wanted to check in here to say the knuckle lights are PERFECT for what I need. 

Yay! That reminds me that I should put a review up on amazon for my knuckle lights. I really love them.

Offline ihop

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
I have used my new knuckle lights several times this week and so far I love them.  I use them primarily so people/cars can see me.  They are comfortable and I don't have to wear a hat (like I do when I use my headlamp) or wear a reflective vest.
La madre degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2014, 06:36:41 PM »
Well, apparently there IS a light you can wear around your waist.  So I ordered one.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRGAJU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Although having twisted my ankle Tuesday, I'm delaying the "get running again" again.  (Broke a toe this summer).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:39:56 PM by rocketgirl »
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2014, 06:47:10 PM »
Well, apparently there IS a light you can wear around your waist.  So I ordered one.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRGAJU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Although having twisted my ankle Tuesday, I'm delaying the "get running again" again.  (Broke a toe this summer).

I don't like things around my waist. Too bouncy.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »
Well, apparently there IS a light you can wear around your waist.

I'll be interested to hear how that works for you.  It would probably work fine for me, except in really cold weather when I have to wear some extra layers.  I wonder if the belt could handle the extra girth.  But how often does that kind of weather happen in Rocket City? 

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2014, 08:42:46 PM »
I'll be interested to hear how that works for you.  It would probably work fine for me, except in really cold weather when I have to wear some extra layers.  I wonder if the belt could handle the extra girth.  But how often does that kind of weather happen in Rocket City? 

Radial - I have to drain my outside faucets before bed tonight.  25 is really cold for November here.  There were two sizes.  I ordered S/M. There is a L/XL.

RA - yeah, I couldn't do the waist water-bottle thing, but a headlamp just gives me a tension headache.  Mostly I'm walking or I throw something in my bag in case I get caught out hiking too late and it gets dark (it's happened more than once...)  If it doesn't work for running, I'll probably still use it.  But I'll report back on if it's bouncy as soon as my ankle heals.  (Which I'm going hiking again not this weekend but the next because I have reservations at a state park and dammit I'm hiking.  Even if my ankle isn't 100%.  Gotta see if I can find my brace.)

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »
Glad you guys are liking the knuckle lights, Ellen and ihop.  All three of my relay legs last weekend were during night hours, and I was wishing I'd have ordered some.  One of my teammates suggested wearing my headlamp around my thigh, and that actually worked pretty well but not as good as the knuckle lights would have if I had really needed to see my footing. 

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »
I do like the lightwalker belt.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRGAJU2/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Mostly, I'm walking, but I'm running a little (very slowly) and I still like it way better than a headlamp.  It tilts partially down so it lights the space I'm about to run in, vs the space I'm already in.  So I can see uneven pavement or whatever before I step into it.  I've been wearing it over a fleece jacket because it's been cold, and I don't notice it bouncing or moving around.  That might be different with just a tech shirt or something.  I don't know yet.

Anyway, I like it and thought I'd let you know.

+-SUPPORT US