Author Topic: Sportsball!  (Read 2479 times)

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
Re: Sportsball!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2022, 06:25:53 PM »
Silly Sale. But as a manager, I'd prolly want the competitive psycho on my team rather than a player who doesn't care and just phones it in. 

Sports are the inverse of good societal behavior. You need maladjusted people to win!
…sorta… no one really wants the total jerk on their team. Otherwise, yammering would be the One Talisman to rule the Territories. :D

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2022, 06:34:20 PM »
Pity about Nadal, but he's getting to the age where he can't just rub dirt on an injury like that and press on regardless.  Sometimes 'no guts, no glory' means you need to skip the glory to preserve your guts. 

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2022, 11:01:17 PM »
Can’t find the ballpark food thread (poor eyes I guess), but in addition to the pure sweetness of the Rays (feat. my man Ji-Man) completing the 4-game sweep o the Sox, I fulfilled lifelong…things I hadn’t done, but would’ve been ok never doing;
-tried Papa Johns’s za. Hello, school cafeteria pizza!
-ate dippin dots. Those pellets are cold enough that, if they’re the ice cream of the future, they’ll reverse global warming. It was like eating vanilla-flavored chunks of dry ice. No creaminess like ice cream normally has, just granular, weirdly not-really-melting…very cold gravel. Not saying they were bad, exactly, but I’m not in a rush to have them again.

Tropicana Field was much less grim than I expected! It was aight!!

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2022, 08:11:53 PM »
HR Derby! Can the Polar Bear threepeat?

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2022, 09:22:03 PM »
HR Derby! Can the Polar Bear threepeat?

I'm watching Saul.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2022, 06:46:16 AM »
I'm watching Saul.
:D The Covid room opted for dingers! But couldn’t make it through the whole derby. It’s an event that should ideally be DVR’d so much fast-forwarding can be done. But I’m watching highlights of the final round now.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 09:10:31 PM »
River tubing tomorrow. Surely that’s a sport! This is the state with a ginormous (tubby) bulldog in the governor’s mansion…the definition of “sport” here must be broad. :D
Plus, mustering at Antietam to commemorate when the Union troops donned pink pussyhats to shame the Rebs for thinking there were good people on both sides. Or something. I’m no history buff. :shrug:

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2022, 10:55:08 PM »
River tubing tomorrow. Surely that’s a sport! This is the state with a ginormous (tubby) bulldog in the governor’s mansion…the definition of “sport” here must be broad. :D
Plus, mustering at Antietam to commemorate when the Union troops donned pink pussyhats to shame the Rebs for thinking there were good people on both sides. Or something. I’m no history buff. :shrug:

The man in the high castle with the pink hat!

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2022, 11:07:25 PM »
My main man Vogelbach gets traded the day before I see the Pirates play!!  >:(
But hey, the Jolly Roger was raised, it was all good…but nary a pierogi to be seen, aside from the racing ones!

+-SUPPORT US