Author Topic: STRANGERTHINGSSTRANGERTHINGS!  (Read 2389 times)

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
STRANGERTHINGSSTRANGERTHINGS!
« on: June 30, 2022, 07:15:28 PM »
It back…as of July1!!
Peeps in the other forum are busy discussing vindictiveness…I’m more interested in Vecna-ictive-ness! Spoilers are A-OK, though I may not be up to GG’s ability to binge watch. :D

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
Re: STRANGERTHINGSSTRANGERTHINGS!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 07:43:25 PM »
It back…as of July1!!
Peeps in the other forum are busy discussing vindictiveness…I’m more interested in Vecna-ictive-ness! Spoilers are A-OK, though I may not be up to GG’s ability to binge watch. :D

The only spoiler I have is it's going to be two long episodes. Maybe someone will die. Probably Eddie. :tombstone:

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 08:05:42 PM »
The only spoiler I have is it's going to be two long episodes. Maybe someone will die. Probably Eddie. :tombstone:
I think the first of the 2 is like 2.5 hr! That’s a feature film!!
If I’m up really early, I may watch it… otherwise I’ll wait for my fam, and they’re more “evening viewing” sorts.

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 08:10:33 PM »
I think the first of the 2 is like 2.5 hr! That’s a feature film!!
If I’m up really early, I may watch it… otherwise I’ll wait for my fam, and they’re more “evening viewing” sorts.

You have to be up extra early for that. The early bird learns the spoiler.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 09:01:54 AM »
4 chimes, 4 gates, 4 storylines, season 4… ep. 8 did not disappoint!
Will there be a Vecna/Vader, “I am your father” line with 11?
Lots of seeming “goodbye” lines… I’m still thinking that bay bite can’t be a good thing for Steve. Can Max find her own Castle Byers in which to hide out from Vecna, and live to tell the tale?
When will Eddie get his guitar to bring to the Upside Down?
Will the collaboration of US and Russians in the quest to get rid of all things Upside Down be what REALLY ends the Cold War (season 5)? Or does Putin nowadays have Snoke tanks o demodawgs and the swirling chamber of malevolent dust??
Will wrap the season tonight!

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 03:20:14 PM »
4 chimes, 4 gates, 4 storylines, season 4… ep. 8 did not disappoint!
Will there be a Vecna/Vader, “I am your father” line with 11?
Lots of seeming “goodbye” lines… I’m still thinking that bay bite can’t be a good thing for Steve. Can Max find her own Castle Byers in which to hide out from Vecna, and live to tell the tale?
When will Eddie get his guitar to bring to the Upside Down?
Will the collaboration of US and Russians in the quest to get rid of all things Upside Down be what REALLY ends the Cold War (season 5)? Or does Putin nowadays have Snoke tanks o demodawgs and the swirling chamber of malevolent dust??
Will wrap the season tonight!

Steve or Max to die, flip a coin. Life imitates art, who knew that the Russians would be the bad guys again in real life?

There was a lot of exposition in this episode, it was sort of talky. I imagine the final will be a lot more action, as all the playing pieces are in position on the game board.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 04:51:55 PM »
My kid said, if what Brenner said about Vecna fully consuming his kills is true, maybe Vecna is now really good at basketball. Steve will challenge Vecna to a game of HORSE. :D

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 08:07:52 PM »
My kid said, if what Brenner said about Vecna fully consuming his kills is true, maybe Vecna is now really good at basketball. Steve will challenge Vecna to a game of HORSE. :D

:D

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 07:15:36 AM »
Master of Puppets!!!!
Fitting song, given what Vecna has been pulling off so far!

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 02:29:30 PM »
Master of Puppets!!!!
Fitting song, given what Vecna has been pulling off so far!

Barbara, Bob, Billy, Eddie. There's always a designated temporary cast member death.

That was a long episode. I thought about watching it in two parts, but didn't.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 03:44:00 PM »
It was a very long episode! I’ve started reading The Talisman, because it’s a SK I’ve never read… it also is lengthy. But SK is a quick read!

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 05:02:49 PM »
The Duffer brothers are going to do an adaptation of the book for a miniseries. Hence the Easter egg.

I liked the book, but I didn't get around to reading it till a good while after I had started reading SK. Peter Straub collaborated on that book. Straub wrote Ghost Story and Shadow Lands. Two good horror stories.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 05:31:23 PM »
The Duffer brothers are going to do an adaptation of the book for a miniseries. Hence the Easter egg.

I did not know that! I’m only about 10% of the way through, but it seems like a story that would be up their storytelling alley! I continue to be puzzled by SK’s insistence on the mystical older black man in his stories. But it’s good, quick reading. It’s book # 5 of the summer for me, and between trying to exercise consistently, paint everyday, learn conversational, basic Spanish, and other summertime frippery, I’m not looking for anything too heavy (I’ve got some work-related reading, too, which requires a bit more brainpower, or at least focus)

I saw somewhere that 2024 is the expected release date for season 5. Not sure if that’s legit. Maybe Trump v.2.0 or DeSantis as president will simply be the confirmation that Vecna’s long game was a winner!

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 06:22:29 PM »
I liked the finale, but it could have been about 40 minutes shorter and still hit all the key emotional points and plot points.

Kinda like a Stephen King book.

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
  • now i'm trying to get back
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2022, 08:14:47 AM »
too early to predict that vecna /henry /one is hiding out in max?
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 05:42:00 PM »
…or does Max take down Henry from the inside…?
Try before you deny! :D

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2022, 07:43:55 PM »
too early to predict that vecna /henry /one is hiding out in max?

Cue the exorcist.

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2022, 09:49:59 AM »
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2022, 10:54:18 AM »
Didn’t they do the exorcist thing in season 2, they just called Henry the “mind flayer” when he was in Will?

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 01:13:54 PM »
Didn’t they do the exorcist thing in season 2, they just called Henry the “mind flayer” when he was in Will?

the mind flayer works for /with vecna.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2022, 02:59:57 PM »
Yeah, but the “exorcising the baddie” (whether you call him Henry* or mind flayer) was the idea of season 2. Would that be repetitive with exorcising him from Max?

* I prefer Henry to Vecna. Much more dignified name. :D

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2022, 04:20:35 PM »
Yeah, but the “exorcising the baddie” (whether you call him Henry* or mind flayer) was the idea of season 2. Would that be repetitive with exorcising him from Max?

* I prefer Henry to Vecna. Much more dignified name. :D

duuuude. my broreno. lemme explain. even if you pronounce henry all french like "honray" it would still never be as so totally awesome as vecna.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2022, 05:42:13 PM »

duuuude. my broreno. lemme explain. even if you pronounce henry all french like "honray" it would still never be as so totally awesome as vecna.
The dog’s name was Vecna!
…wait. The dog’s name was Indiana!

Oddly, in my house there is a (frenchy-schmancy) Thierry Henry (“OHN-ree”) jersey, as well as Hunter Henry and Derrick Henry jerseys. Equal-Henry-opportunity! :D

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2022, 05:50:02 PM »
The dog’s name was Vecna!
…wait. The dog’s name was Indiana!

Oddly, in my house there is a (frenchy-schmancy) Thierry Henry (“OHN-ree”) jersey, as well as Hunter Henry and Derrick Henry jerseys. Equal-Henry-opportunity! :D

"you were named after the dawg?!?!!"

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2022, 06:09:25 PM »

It's like a law firm: Vecna, Flayer and Henry

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2022, 06:11:09 PM »
It's like a law firm: Vecna, Flayer and Henry
Which one wears the full-body tinfoil? :D

No Saul spoilers!! :skeered:

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2022, 06:15:45 PM »
Which one wears the full-body tinfoil? :D

No Saul spoilers!! :skeered:

The money Flayer wears a suit made of 20 dollar bills.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2022, 06:24:20 PM »
The money Flayer wears a suit made of 20 dollar bills.
His real name was Howard…

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2022, 06:26:37 PM »

+-SUPPORT US