Author Topic: Hiii Golden God!  (Read 5342 times)

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
  • now i'm trying to get back
    • redShirt Union
Re: Hiii Golden God!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 07:42:41 AM »
i find holey moley oddly entertaining.
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2022, 10:12:57 AM »
i find holey moley oddly entertaining.
I’d love to play some of those holes, and see if I could get thru the obstacles. In my mind, I’ve figured out many of em…but the reality would prolly be ugly! :D

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2022, 01:45:48 PM »
Derry Canal Days!
Went to Bayville Adventure Park for mini golf. There was literally no one else there, and the whole beach area was deserted. I wasn’t sure if it felt more like the setting of a SK story, or that Morissey, “Every Day is Like Sunday” song come to life.

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2022, 03:01:38 PM »
Went to Bayville Adventure Park for mini golf. There was literally no one else there, and the whole beach area was deserted. I wasn’t sure if it felt more like the setting of a SK story, or that Morissey, “Every Day is Like Sunday” song come to life.

Every day is like SK.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2022, 04:16:57 PM »
Ha, dude can dance!  Some of those videos are sikh :).
He was spectacular in his Canada Day dancing!
Makes me miss Ottawa!!

(Even on ‘Merica Day!)

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2022, 05:22:53 PM »
Bellisimo.
You get shot at today? That fancy lingo may be un’Merican!

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2022, 05:52:16 PM »
You get shot at today? That fancy lingo may be un’Merican!

Who needs to see fireworks at night when you get shooting every day!

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2022, 06:05:03 PM »
I mean, everyone but Dustin moved on fully within 2 days after Eddie got Bat-tacked…
This dude had the sitch fully under control. He preemptively wore his flame-retardant suit!

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2022, 06:23:16 PM »
I mean, everyone but Dustin moved on fully within 2 days after Eddie got Bat-tacked…
This dude had the sitch fully under control. He preemptively wore his flame-retardant suit!

Dustin was the only one who even mentioned Eddie!

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2022, 06:38:59 PM »
Dustin was the only one who even mentioned Eddie!
…and THAT is when America started heading down the road to perdition!

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2022, 02:50:24 PM »
What’s with so many characters in SK books dancing jigs?
Every time I read a SK book I think, “I’m not going to read any more books by him; they’re all trash.” Then I get sucked in every couple years or so…

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2022, 03:17:37 PM »
What’s with so many characters in SK books dancing jigs?
Every time I read a SK book I think, “I’m not going to read any more books by him; they’re all trash.” Then I get sucked in every couple years or so…

Shucking and shambling!

The Talisman isn't great writing, but it's somewhat entertaining.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2022, 04:17:24 PM »
Shucking and shambling!

The Talisman isn't great writing, but it's somewhat entertaining.
Boogying along to some juke-joint jive!
I refuse to quit reading it, I’m down to like 300 phone-screen-sized pages…I should be able to finish it by sometime tomorrow. I’m like Jack wanting to be done but going on with the quest anyway. In the Territories, my Twinner is laboring over a forever-unrolling scroll.

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »
Boogying along to some juke-joint jive!
I refuse to quit reading it, I’m down to like 300 phone-screen-sized pages…I should be able to finish it by sometime tomorrow. I’m like Jack wanting to be done but going on with the quest anyway. In the Territories, my Twinner is laboring over a forever-unrolling scroll.

What was the last SK book you throughly liked?

I think Talisman is uneven, there are parts that are good and parts that are tedious.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »
The only SK book I ever really liked was The Green Mile.  Which kind of makes me wonder if he even wrote it.   :P

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2022, 07:19:39 PM »
What was the last SK book you throughly liked?

I think Talisman is uneven, there are parts that are good and parts that are tedious.
I dunno that I’ve truly *liked* his writing since I was an adolescent. The Institute was ok, but some of his turns of phrase irritated me.

His stories can be fantastic—Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are both strong stories. Will I watch the Duffer Bros’ take on The Talisman? Probably.

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2022, 04:16:03 PM »
I dunno that I’ve truly *liked* his writing since I was an adolescent. The Institute was ok, but some of his turns of phrase irritated me.

His stories can be fantastic—Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are both strong stories. Will I watch the Duffer Bros’ take on The Talisman? Probably.

The Shining is the height of SK for me.

A few years ago, I went back and reread Salem's Lot and discovered it was actually awful. Oddly, that was the first SK book I ever read. But I think I was 13, much different this time around.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2022, 05:03:30 PM »
The Shining is the height of SK for me.

A few years ago, I went back and reread Salem's Lot and discovered it was actually awful. Oddly, that was the first SK book I ever read. But I think I was 13, much different this time around.
Again, though…are you thinking movie? When I reread it, I found the obligatory Mystical Old Black Dude really… out of step with the times.
Perhaps it was the time when I grew up, maybe it was a sheltered upbringing, but as a kid, I think I thought his characters spoke in, I don’t know, sophisticated (?) ways. Like, no 12-year-old has ever spoken like Jack from The Talisman. But when I was a precocious, insufferable 12-year-old, maybe I thought it’d be cool if 12-year-olds did talk like that.

+-SUPPORT US