Author Topic: 02-22-2020  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
02-22-2020
« on: February 22, 2020, 04:14:51 PM »
Baseline 5K.
Following a few months of rehab and gradual increase in miles, have done weeks of 18, 20, 23, and 28 (this week for the latter), did a local 5K. It wasn't pretty but 82% age graded and something to build upon.  And the best thing is no pain.
62 minutes on the day.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: 02-22-2020
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:23:34 PM »
I'm super happy to see your comeback continuing.  And happy birthday to you

I had a tough 11 mile trail run with friends.  It shouldn't have been; my usual run buddy is training for a 100 miler and we both like to take the long slow distance easy.  And the other friend joining us doesn't run for time.  But the friend going for the hundo was told by her coach to make her 20 miles a time trail today.  10 m/m pace.  First 3 miles of the run were uphill.  So second friend and I were pretty cooked.  We let our ultra friend go around 2.5 and the rest of our run was super enjoyable.  And we still averaged 10 mm over the entire run even with a couple of spots where we walked up steeps or mud. I'd planned 12 but just felt cooked when we got to the parking lot and didn't feel like 1 additional mile was needed or wanted.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 08:27:02 AM »
I'm super happy to see your comeback continuing.  And happy birthday to you

I had a tough 11 mile trail run with friends.  It shouldn't have been; my usual run buddy is training for a 100 miler and we both like to take the long slow distance easy.  And the other friend joining us doesn't run for time.  But the friend going for the hundo was told by her coach to make her 20 miles a time trail today.  10 m/m pace.  First 3 miles of the run were uphill.  So second friend and I were pretty cooked.  We let our ultra friend go around 2.5 and the rest of our run was super enjoyable.  And we still averaged 10 mm over the entire run even with a couple of spots where we walked up steeps or mud. I'd planned 12 but just felt cooked when we got to the parking lot and didn't feel like 1 additional mile was needed or wanted.

Thanks! And good call on the run. We all should remind ourselves to go by effort and time over pace and miles (or kms for those in the civilized world).
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline SnarlyMarly

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:02 AM »
30 minutes with the lever.  My longest run (aided) of the year.   

+-SUPPORT US