Author Topic: WTF did I do to my foot  (Read 2303 times)

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
WTF did I do to my foot
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »
And how do I fix it ASAP?

I've been running more consistently lately, from 2-6 easy but moderately hilly miles 3-5 days a week. 

No history of pain in this part of my foot at all, ever. 

Last night I went out for a mellow 3.4 miles, was feeling tired mentally but my legs were fresh.

At about mile 2 I got a sharp pain in the outside of my left foot, on the bottom. Not sharp enough to limp. Felt like a spasm.  I curled my toes and flexed my foot a bit while running and it went away.  It came and went for the duration of the run.  When it went it would be pain free.  Within the last few feet it hit hard enough to make me limp. 

I massaged it a little bit, elevated it and took some ibus.  I'm always cold so no ice.

This morning, same deal.  Fine for a while, then a lot of pain.  Then fine again.

Located in the red area indicated on this pic.

Offline CheryG

Re: WTF did I do to my foot
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
Does not hurt to poke, push or pull it.  Only when walking.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »
I've bruised that part of my foot before running on rocks.  But it was a steady ache, not really like what you describe.  Hope it clears up soon.

Offline CheryG

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »
 :lame: :wah:
I thought it was fine until I put on my riding boots.  I live in those things all summer and can barely walk in them right now. :(  STUPID CHERYG!!!!!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 07:54:14 AM »
Were you wearing hokas?

Offline CheryG

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:45:21 AM »
Were you wearing hokas?
Nope. I decided to put off getting some new shoes until after a trail race I have on the 7th.  My shoes are not dead, mostly just worn from rocks while hiking. 

The only thing I can think of is that I was running close to the edge of the road and the camber was super steep. As it's a class 4.  Maybe I torqued it that way, and certainly walking on a camber like that exacerbates it.

OK in crocs, just nor my riding boots.

+-SUPPORT US