Author Topic: Mid-Year Running Reports  (Read 4936 times)

iwuzwilson

Mid-Year Running Reports
« on: June 30, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »
They go here. Half done with 2015.

iwuzwilson

Re: Mid-Year Running Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
By the numbers here's how it went down:

January:
196 miles
5 mile Road Runners club of America (RRCA) state championship, 30:20 2nd in age group
4 mile XC, 1st in age group

February
173 miles
8K USATF National Masters Championships, 31:23 5th in age group (highlight of past many years if not ever)
10 Mile RRCA championship, 1:03:22, 1st age group

March
222 miles
5K road, 18:16 1st age group, 2nd masters

April
200 miles
1/2 marathon, 1:22:20 (age group record) 1st age group best race of the year so far

May
220 miles
25K trail race, 1:50:00 (age group record) 1st age group, 2nd masters

June
224 miles
10 mile Garden of the Gods (tough course!) 1:09:08, 3rd age group (felt horrible from the first mile or two and it went down after that)

Summary:
If you go by month the year has gone, up, up, up, up, down, down. Mileage is good and consistent at about 1,240 so far, and in fact the past two months have been slightly higher than average. But legs feel shot. Old guy syndromes: dead quads (feeling a bit weak/lack of power/sore and slow recovery); tendonitis/arthritis in right knee (the one I screwed up at NYC in 2009), manageable, but I get aches and pains; and the past 10 days a strain to my hip (ilopsoas).

Ahead
Just opted out of Bellingham Bay Marathon in favor of the half. Too many things going on, and not feeling healthy enough to build up to 60s and 70s/week. Going to take a couple days to a week off, starting tomorrow to reset things.
In need of deep tissue massage.
Focus race of the summer remains to be Pikes Peak Ascent, shooting for sub 3 and challenge for age group title, but truth be known just finish the distance/climb to 14K ft and be happy with the experience.
XC, XC, XC with Colorado USATF championships in November and Club Nationals (San Francisco) in December as key races.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
I'm at 1,055 miles for the year, which is just about on or slightly behind schedule for me.  Planning on ramping up for a fall marathon (as long as my creaky joints cooperate.)  I like to get in at least 2,000 miles per year, so as long as everything goes to plan, I should hit it. 

I've cut way (all the way...) back on racing...it's just not that important to me. I'd rather have a leisurely morning and just run. I am interested to see if I re-gain an interest in shorter races or lose an interest in marathons now that I officially no longer work in the running business.

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

iwuzwilson

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
Those are some good miles caito. Congrats on the new job but a bit bummed that you won't be traveling this way like you had done with the old one a year or two back.

Maybe schedule a 5K, 10K, and 10 mile or HM as tune ups.

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »
1100 miles so far this year.  Bit ahead of last year.

Myrtle Beach Marathon last February 14th.

Missoula, Montana Marathon coming up July 12th.

Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline Plugging Along

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:12:22 AM »
I was injured the first 10 weeks of the year.
Did a slow ramp up. Got to average mileage again.
Then twisted an ankle two weeks ago.
Just about back to normal now.

300.4 miles for the year.
High month was May with 115.

Aiming for a couple half marathons later this year.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »
Those are some good miles caito. Congrats on the new job but a bit bummed that you won't be traveling this way like you had done with the old one a year or two back.

Maybe schedule a 5K, 10K, and 10 mile or HM as tune ups.

Thanks! I will miss my field trips to CO a little bit. I have a feeling that now running & races are longer part of work, I may start to be more interested in participating like a regular person again. I learned that as much as I love the running business, it makes me a bit cynical.
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 08:43:22 AM »
1,092.7 mi for the last 6 months.

Plans: run/walk a marathon on July 12.  Do a half marathon two weeks later. Might run/walk another marathon in the Fall if I enjoy the July 12 experience. But I would have to find an event that is still open. Also have a half marathon planned in CA for November.

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »
 :(

--buzz

iwuzwilson

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »
1100 miles so far this year.  Bit ahead of last year.

Myrtle Beach Marathon last February 14th.

Missoula, Montana Marathon coming up July 12th.

I enjoy your trip/race reports. Missoula caught my attention--I kind of like the idea of mid-summer marathons that are not in such hot places--and it could be on my might do list.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »
I apologize for being different.

Total mileage: Irrelevant due to sprinting

Ran my fastest 60m, 100m, 200m in over six years, and also set age-graded PRs in the 60 and 100.

Finished 11th at the National Masters T&F Championships in the 60M and 6th in the Long Jump in March with my artificial hip.

Upcomning: National Masters T&F Championships in 3 weeks, running the 100, 200 and Long Jump.  My stretch goal is to make the finals in the 100 (I am the 11th seed).  But knowing that I am the 11th (or faster) fastest person in the USA in my age group is still kind of cool even if I cant make the finals.

After that, I will take a break from sprinting and return to distance running, because I can.  Maybe a half marathon in October, not sure about that yet.  Then from Oct - Dec, whip my body back into shape with P90X and get into shape again for Indoor Track season and possibly the Nationals next March.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Zapatista

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »
976.29 through June 30th. 52 seconds per mile faster than last year so I should reverse a 12 year streak in running slower than the previous year.

+-SUPPORT US