Author Topic: How do I get my daughter to run?  (Read 10562 times)

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
Re: How do I get my daughter to run?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »
I tried to get both my younger boys interested in running, but it was a total bust.  I think I was just a little too eager.  And it probably didn't help that running was something I did myself, so they probably decided they didn't want to do an activity that would put them in such direct competition with dear old dad who had a 20 year head start.  Fast forward a decade or so, and middle son suddenly wants to learn how to play tennis.  We had our first session last weekend, and it was great.  Sometimes these things are just a matter of timing. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »
Notey, i posted in the healthy eating thread that this morning my DD did not want to go on a run with me (jogging stroller) and i said, fine, then either you go with me or we CLEAN YOUR ROOM, guess what she chose?  :rotfl:
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Notey

• Borderline
  • ?
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »
How big is the school? Neither one of these activities at that age should be so all consuming that she can't try to fit in both in my opinion.  I hate that kids are needing to specialize at such a young age...

The school my kids went to for high school was so small there was no way they could have students do either or.. I have to say it was quite amusing watching the captain of the football team have the lead in the play.. Or the hockey player doing the trumpet solo in the jazz band concert..

I think it's really important.. the different activities exercise two different sides of the brain I think!

Practices/rehearsals are at same time or overlap by too much.

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 08:15:46 PM »
chase her

Offline caribougrrl

Offline Notey

• Borderline
  • ?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 05:22:41 PM »
Update:

Apparently the Jr. High track team only has to practice 3x a week and they can choose which days.  This will enable my daughter to do track next spring!   :d

I wish x-country had a similar arrangement because I think she would enjoy that more than track.

On top of that she is suddenly expressing an interest in volleyball as well.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 06:14:29 PM »
Update:

Apparently the Jr. High track team only has to practice 3x a week and they can choose which days.  This will enable my daughter to do track next spring!   :d

I wish x-country had a similar arrangement because I think she would enjoy that more than track.

On top of that she is suddenly expressing an interest in volleyball as well.
good news!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »
See if your area has  Girls on the Run Program. I think the time commitment for the girls is a lot less than team sports.  She gets her running in, but still has plenty of time for other things. 

+-SUPPORT US