Author Topic: Hoka One One Clifton report  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Hoka One One Clifton report
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
I have logged 460 miles on my first Hoka One One Cliftons. I have liked these since putting them on. Had some minor calf complaints as I  got used to them but they went away quickly. I usually get 375-425 out of a shoe so these have already stood the wear n tear test and they have more miles on them still.

Ran in my second pair yesterday and today - love the ride. Using the insert that came with the shoe, the "heavier" one. Used that lighter molded one the first time around.

I think Hoka One One is a keeper, unless for some reason they do not work out for me for longer runs (13.1 is the longest I ran in that initial pair).
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline caito

• The Runners
Re: Hoka One One Clifton report
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
I am still in love with my Cliftons.  I run in them more than any other shoe.   Delightful.
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
I love mine too!  Although I do sometimes think I may trip, but I tend to drag my feet a bit

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »
I get about 600 miles out of them. Brooks I got 300.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
They need to get on with offering a EE. My feet do feel a bit constricted in them. I lace them very loosely - that helps.
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
They need to get on with offering a EE. My feet do feel a bit constricted in them. I lace them very loosely - that helps.

Thats weird because mine feel loose-ish and I try to pull the laces as tight as I possibly can

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
I pull mine very very tight because i have to wear a men's shoe and have very narrow women's feet.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »
My Hokas (Stinsons, not Cliftons) fit my feet really well.  But that's not because the shoe is magically perfect on every conceivable foot.  Feetsies are amazingly diverse, and no given shoe is likely to cover the entire spectrum of human anatomy. 

+-SUPPORT US