Author Topic: Deals  (Read 3794 times)

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
Deals
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »
Heads up!

I'd been looking for a cheap but decent all in one walking around lens, and I had decided on this one... was going to wait until next month until this deal popped up...

Adorama.com has Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens (Canon or Nikon Mount) on sale for $349.00 - $89 coupon code 260SIGMALS (apply at checkout) = $260. Shipping is free. Thanks

Price Research: Our research indicates that this Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens is $88 lower (25% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $348.
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline Sir Real

• NTTAWWT
Re: Deals
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »
I have that lens (Nikon mount) and it performs well.  Obviously it won't perform as well as other lenses with narrower range, but it makes packing for some vacations a lot easier.  I took these shots with it.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:37:06 PM by Sir Real »

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:23:39 AM »
Good to know, thanks! 

That's exactly what I was looking for... a decent option for the "what if you could only pack one lens?" question. 

Truth be told, I'd probably take that and my 35mm prime... well, and maybe my 10-20mm wide angle.... ah, crap.  ;)

People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline Sir Real

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:48:52 AM »
My last vacation (Food and Wine Fest at WDW) I took the Sigma, my Nikon 50mm 1.8g, and a small travel tripod and that was more than enough to carry on my back.

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
My last vacation (Food and Wine Fest at WDW) I took the Sigma, my Nikon 50mm 1.8g, and a small travel tripod and that was more than enough to carry on my back.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking... I have a DX format body, so my Nikon 35mm 1.8 is about equal to the 50mm. 

We have been a couple of times to the Food and Wine fest.  It's a good time to be there.  :)

+-SUPPORT US