Author Topic: P!NK at Madison Square Garden  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Roxy Poodle

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
P!NK at Madison Square Garden
« on: March 25, 2013, 01:59:46 AM »
I snagged a last minute third row ticket on the side of the stage for P!NK's show at Madison Square Garden on Friday night. Before we get to the pictures, a few words about the show, because the show deserves a few words: P!NK is the real friggin' deal. She sang live and flawlessly. She's a charismatic and generous performer. And good lord with the acrobatics and dancing ... It was just a darn entertaining time. I actually got so swept up in the experience that I choked up a few times. Nothing in the world greater than getting together with 17,000 people and just feeling like you're on the same, amazing page with every single one of them. Some pictures:

Offline TK

• Fruit Stand
Re: P!NK at Madison Square Garden
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Great work!

Offline omega lambda

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »
Wow!  Fabulous!

I love P!nk (I never realized it was spelled that way) and your description of her show really makes me want to see her live.

Offline Roxy Poodle

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:01:02 PM »
I love P!nk (I never realized it was spelled that way) and your description of her show really makes me want to see her live.

It crossed my mind this weekend to check whether she's always spelled it that way, or whether she changed it after the Internet took over people's lives: It's much easier to find information about her if you're looking for "P!NK" than it is if you're looking for "Pink"!  And believe me, my words did her show no justice! It was absolutely, absolutely, absolutely amazing, and (1) this is coming from someone who has seen a *lot* of shows across many different genres; and (2) while I haven't seen a ton of pop music shows, I've been pretty disappointed by the ones I have seen. Even Madonna was pretty darn snooze-worthy ... lots of long periods with her off stage and just her back-up dancers or other theatrics filling time; no audience interaction except for the very staged, very scripted parts. P!NK had backup dancers and theatrics, too, but she was on stage (or dangling above it from some sort of acrobatic contraption) nearly every minute of the show, and she was really wonderful and natural with the crowd. Definitely check her out if she's in your city!!!

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:38 PM »
I would go see her without ANY hesitation.  And that from someone who barely lifts a finger to seek out live music.  She's a 3D full scope entertainer, and you just know she would be fun to hang out with off-stage.  Great pictures, esp. #3. 

Belgian Lace

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:48:55 PM »
 :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
No surprise, I love your photos!!
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline sonet

• Borderline
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »
Fantastic Images!

Offline Roxy Poodle

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
Thanks, all! The lighting was so weird being off to the side like I was, but I thought that ultimately made the pictures really interesting! The pictures above were all from when she was literally about 6-7 feet away from me. For most of the night, my view looked more like this:

Offline Luckylily

• The Runners
  • Humorless Feminist Killjoy
P!NK at Madison Square Garden
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
Omg! I am sooooo jealous! And impresses, gorgeous work siobhan!

Offline Roxy Poodle

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 02:47:48 AM »
Thanks Luckylily! And I can't lie, my seats really were a little envy-inducing! I almost always have insane luck waiting till the very last minute to buy tickets. (Grabbed the P!NK ticket at 4:30p.m. on the day of the show.) It's a little stressful, but nearly always works out! I processed a few more pics tonight:

Offline makeda

• piggery jokery
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 07:57:39 PM »
ROXY!!!!!  You are amazing!  What kind of camera/lens were you using?

I went to a drag show this weekend and I was just excited that I got a few shots that were kinda in focus.  I was wishing I had your skillz.  :D
"I'm judgy like a Sunday morning..." - tazawa

"Michelle Obama and her buttocks are waging war on the freedoms of our children" - Red Tornado

"Plenty of christ to go around here." - nneJ

Offline Roxy Poodle

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
ROXY!!!!!  You are amazing!  What kind of camera/lens were you using?

Thank you! For concerts these days, I use an Olympus PEN E-PL5 with Olympus's 45mm f/1.8 lens. I love the camera, and the lens is just ridiculous. That being said, I chose the camera specifically because it's small enough that I haven't had a problem getting it into venues with camera restrictions. If camera size (and price!) isn't a concern, I'd recommend the Olympus OM-D over the E-PL5. The two cameras have the same sensors and use the same lenses, but the OM-D has better image stabilization and because it's a bigger camera body, there are more dials and buttons on the body that make it easier to manipulate all the settings. (Everything's in a menu on the E-PL5. It's all pretty intuitive, but it's certainly nicer to control shutter speed, for example, with a dial than have to go into a menu.)

But yeah, they're both great cameras, and I *love* the smaller size and lighter weight of the micro four-thirds cameras! Totally recommended if you're on the market!

Offline makeda

• piggery jokery
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
Yeah, if you have a big camera, folks get jumpy.  :D  I only brought my digicam b/c I had such a hard time taking decent pics the last time, I didn't want to carry the big camera for nothing.
"I'm judgy like a Sunday morning..." - tazawa

"Michelle Obama and her buttocks are waging war on the freedoms of our children" - Red Tornado

"Plenty of christ to go around here." - nneJ

Offline cindyleigh

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »
Wow ...I never look on this forum but once I saw these pics I was drawn to your previous posts.  I don't know squat about photography but your work is fabulous.  You must do this professionally.  These are really stunning pics!

Offline HeavyFeet

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 12:13:02 AM »
You're an incredible photographer.  Gorgeous photos!
"nice job, butt-face." -witchypoo

+-SUPPORT US