Author Topic: Question about developing pictures  (Read 4170 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Question about developing pictures
« on: January 12, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »
I had some pictures on my laptop I liked, so I texted them to myself so I could put them on Facebook. Then I wanted to print a few of them, so I sent them to cvs from my phone. When I picked them up, most of them looked like crap. Is it because they came from the laptop to my phone to cvs? Or are those types of places generally crappy?
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline omega lambda

• The Runners
Re: Question about developing pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:34:47 AM »
I'm guessing the resolution of the images is very small.  CVS is fine for prints.  How big are the original files?  I'm don't really know what is going on without knowing the original resolution. 

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »
I'm guessing the resolution of the images is very small.  CVS is fine for prints.  How big are the original files?  I'm don't really know what is going on without knowing the original resolution. 

How do I know how big the original files are? Some were taken with my DSLR and some with my phone. I'll have to see which ones looked better.

Offline omega lambda

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:09 AM »
How do I know how big the original files are? Some were taken with my DSLR and some with my phone. I'll have to see which ones looked better.

Where are the files?  If they're on your laptop, you can look at the file and judge by file size; if it is xxxkb, it's a fairly small file and if it is x.xMb it's a large file.  I don't know how to check on your phone.  Also, I'm not clear if you uploaded to facebook then used those photos to print.  If you did, it's likely that facebook resized the photo for you during upload.  Your phone might be doing that too, but if you download the image from your phone, you might get the full resolution photo.

Sorry!  I'm not being of much help here.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 05:45:23 AM »
No that makes sense. I emailed some of them to my phone from the laptop and some of them were taken with my camera on my phone. I didn't go through Facebook with any of them.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:19:39 AM »
The file size is probably small if you sent them from your phone, since you don't generally want pics on your phone taking up a ton of memory.  If you send them from your laptop to CVS, you should get better prints.  I've used Shutterfly to send prints to Target with good results, I'd think that you'd get similar results from CVS.

+-SUPPORT US