Author Topic: Nikon D7000  (Read 6010 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Nikon D7000
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »
Th photographer that did Sophia's pictures is selling her backup camera. For a crazy low price. I want it because of the video camera on it. We have a regular video camera that we haven't used side Adam was born. If it were in my camera I'd use it much more. Ken Rockwell gave an excellent review on the D7000. Anyone have any experience with it?
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Nikon D7000
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:40:01 AM »
Th photographer that did Sophia's pictures is selling her backup camera. For a crazy low price. I want it because of the video camera on it. We have a regular video camera that we haven't used side Adam was born. If it were in my camera I'd use it much more. Ken Rockwell gave an excellent review on the D7000. Anyone have any experience with it?
\
No.   Have you checked out DPReview too?  Any idea how many shutter actuations it has?
I've been doing this how long?

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
No and no. But the Rockwell guy likes it and gave it a good review. I'm going to do a little more research.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
I would definitely look at the shutter actuations.  I did buy a used camera body recently - the same body as the one I have already - and it had practically no clicks on it.  There were others that were cheaper that had more.  In fact, my own body had like 30,000 clicks on it, and this one had...I don't remember, it's in one of my threads here, but it was crazy low.  The more clicks on it - i.e., the heavier use, would presumably shorten its remaining life for parts.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »
I would definitely look at the shutter actuations.  I did buy a used camera body recently - the same body as the one I have already - and it had practically no clicks on it.  There were others that were cheaper that had more.  In fact, my own body had like 30,000 clicks on it, and this one had...I don't remember, it's in one of my threads here, but it was crazy low.  The more clicks on it - i.e., the heavier use, would presumably shorten its remaining life for parts.

I remember that thread.  You got a great low mileage body.  I wasn't able to check actuations with mine.  Looking at body wear from handling may be good proxy to estimate use on the body if you can't determine the number of actuations. 

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »

I remember that thread.  You got a great low mileage body.  I wasn't able to check actuations with mine.  Looking at body wear from handling may be good proxy to estimate use on the body if you can't determine the number of actuations. 

I had to download some power exif program to analyze the details.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »
I had to download some power exif program to analyze the details.

How did you get the body home to test it on your pc?  Or did you bring a laptop to the dealer/seller?

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »
I had them tell me over the phone before j went in. It was a reputable dealer selling a used body somebody had sold to them. When I brought it home I tested it myself and they my number was even lower than theirs.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »
I had them tell me over the phone before j went in. It was a reputable dealer selling a used body somebody had sold to them. When I brought it home I tested it myself and they my number was even lower than theirs.

:smokin:

I don't think its that easy with the old Rebel's like I have. 

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:35:59 PM »

Sure it is.  You analyze the file.

Offline Sir Real

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »

I'm not a Canon guy, but try this.

Offline JimR

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
I stopped reading Ken Rockwell after his relentless promotion of the D40.  I swear Nikon paid him to do it, just so people would but up gobs of D40s, spend a couple of months with them, then realize they can't do squat with a 6mp image and have to upgrade.

+-SUPPORT US