Forum > Food

Do Junk Foods need Cigarette style warning labels?

(1/3) > >>

crazypants:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/junk-food-needs-graphic-warning-labels-similar-to-tobacco-ontario-doctors-say/article4631243/

merigayle:
I voted yes. I think most of that shit should be illegal :D

OldBaldHippie:
They should be required to put a picture of Honey Boo Boo and her mom on there...

onawhim:
I am not sure how I feel about this.  Imagine if you had to be 19 to buy candy?  Holy crap I would have been a childhood black marketeer for sure  :D  I am ok with taxes maybe.  I would need to know more.  The pictures eh.  I think it would be more helpful for calorie counts to be more prominent and to tell you the entire amount instead of hiding it within a serving size which by the small print is like half a cookie.  Who eats half a cookie?  I liked in NYC how calories for all dishes were listed.  I know some people hate it but if a salad has 3000 calories I want to know about it.  That way I can eat a pizza instead  :P

merigayle:

--- Quote from: onawhim on October 24, 2012, 11:56:08 AM ---I am not sure how I feel about this.  Imagine if you had to be 19 to buy candy?  Holy crap I would have been a childhood black marketeer for sure  :D  I am ok with taxes maybe.  I would need to know more.  The pictures eh.  I think it would be more helpful for calorie counts to be more prominent and to tell you the entire amount instead of hiding it within a serving size which by the small print is like half a cookie.  Who eats half a cookie?  I liked in NYC how calories for all dishes were listed.  I know some people hate it but if a salad has 3000 calories I want to know about it.  That way I can eat a pizza instead  :P

--- End quote ---
totally agree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version