Forum > Food

Pizza

<< < (2/3) > >>

picote:
DH got the gas 16”. I like the idea of wood/pellets, but I think gas means we’ll use it more. There’s an aftermarket turntable that I’m looking at as a potential add on.

BonitaApplebum:
I like the pellets because we already have a pellet stove so we always have fuel on hand. It's a bit fiddly though.

We got a laser thermometer and that's been a big help (plus, it's cool). And having the right peel is super key in my experience.

picote:
Ha! The laser thermometer was the first thing I ordered. It’s very cool and I’m using it on everything :D

I’ve made a fair amount of pizza on the grill/on an oven stone, so we have good peels and a metal pan that was key for turning. I thought we would be able to just pull and turn with tongs, so was glad we had that on hand.

I need to start experimenting with dough though. Our first try was really good, but the crust wasn’t very flavorful.

witchypoo:
There was an entire issue of food and wine devoted to pizza crust. We have used that recipe for some time now and it is really good. I will dig it out (unless you have a food and wine subscription?).

radial:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on January 02, 2023, 07:47:18 AM ---There was an entire issue of food and wine devoted to pizza crust. We have used that recipe for some time now and it is really good. I will dig it out (unless you have a food and wine subscription?).

--- End quote ---

This one?

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/artisan-pizza-dough

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version