Forum > Food

Camping Meals

<< < (4/5) > >>

BonitaApplebum:
Pie irons are great. You can make fancy grilled cheese or something else savory for dinner (pizza as RA suggested), and then for dessert you can make something sweet (canned apple pie filling works great, or some combo of pb/banana/Nutella/marshmallow).

witchypoo:

--- Quote from: BonitaApplebum on April 09, 2021, 08:56:24 AM ---Pie irons are great. You can make fancy grilled cheese or something else savory for dinner (pizza as RA suggested), and then for dessert you can make something sweet (canned apple pie filling works great, or some combo of pb/banana/Nutella/marshmallow).

--- End quote ---

and if you're car camping, you can bring a big dutch oven - and then you can basically make anything you want.

Rejaneration:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on April 25, 2021, 07:49:52 AM ---

and if you're car camping, you can bring a big dutch oven - and then you can basically make anything you want.

--- End quote ---

This was going to be my contribution!  I guess you can carry it on the plane!  :)  We have a lodge dutch oven with feet that is fab.
I love camp cooking - one of my favorite aspects of camping.
I always do egg cups.  Using a cupcake tin, crack an egg in it, add whatever seasoning/other stuff you want ie ham, cheese, slices of tomato etc and pop it on the grill.

First time I went camping, my guy wanted to make me chocolate chip pancakes because it was 'tradition'. Ummm....no.  That is your tradition - with your kids (and ex).  Plus, I am not a pancake girl. I took control of the food - and upped his game. :azn:

BonitaApplebum:
Camp cooking really is the best part of camping. I have an annual camping trip with a couple foodie friends and we love the challenge of cooking outdoors.

oblio:
So, I did some research and planned for some recipes and our grand plans were all for naught! We were really busy, trying to pack a lot in, so there was not much time sitting around camp like we would if we went to one place specifically for camping. So, the next time we do that, I'll be ready but yeah, it was just spaghetti and hotdogs this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version