Author Topic: Injured Player List (whinging and complaining goes here!)  (Read 3536 times)

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
Injured Player List (whinging and complaining goes here!)
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
I think I have a rotator cuff injury.  My shoulder hurts when I sit still or stretch or try not to think about it.  It hurts so much I get twinges of nausea every once in a while, mostly doing ridiculously normal shit like picking up my laptop bag or pushing a drawer closed.  I can't sleep on my usual sleeping side. 

I don't want to have a rotator cuff injury.  I can't have a shoulder injury.  Not being able to shovel is not an option for me.

So instead of seeing someone about it, I am studiously ignoring it and complaining here.

And if it's bad enough to complain here, I know I need to do something about it.

>:(

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Injured Player List (whinging and complaining goes here!)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:04 AM »
Ugh, I'm sorry 'bou.  Was there a particular move or activity that did it?

One thing to consider: if you've only done enough to inflame you'll get a self-perpetuating cycle until you can get the inflammation down in that socket.  So taking 800 mg of ibuprofen (or similar) over a period of time and restricting use *could* do the trick if you're not willing/able to have it looked at right away.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:52:50 AM »
thanks, d

I have an appt today to see my GP.  The pain has subsided greatly, but I have been babying it and thankfully there's not been any snow since.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 06:53:03 PM »
Take care of your shoulder!  I waited way too long to take care of mine (and seriously, that was with surgery a mere 9 months after the injury).  I lost SO MUCH strength I never got back.

(Although that said, the one I had surgery on in 2008 is bothering me again, and I haven't even done anything to it this time).

I have the normal recurring tendonitis, but the bigger problem is being unable to shake a cough I've had since 1 February and climbing pollen counts.  I wasn't doing much, but I miss my Pokemon walks, and weekend light hiking.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

+-SUPPORT US