Author Topic: Action Camera  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
Action Camera
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »
So I plunked down $100 bucks for a GoPro knock off to replace the old Kodak digital video camera of mine that died last summer.  Go pro's are a bit ridiculously priced and at that price I couldn't resist trying this one out.  Hope its not a POS!   
I've been doing this how long?

Offline Sir Real

• NTTAWWT
Re: Action Camera
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 07:44:05 AM »
What are you going to use it for, bike rides, drone flights...?

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
I want to use it for taking video and some stills while snorkelling mainly.  It will get some use on my bike too (in fact I just tested it on my bike during my morning commute).  With all the various mounts that came with it I'm sure I'll try it out other ways for shitsngiggles.  Maybe strap it to my kid while he goofs around and see what that looks like.   

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
They're pretty damn decent. 

Search flickr for gopro photo groups.  Some incredible stuff. 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
So I ran the camera both ways on my commute yesterday.  It definitely struggles with low light, but I found - particularly after I changed its orientation relative to my headlights - that its actually pretty decent on streets that are well lit.  So far I'm pleasantly surprised.  Now I just need to get a handle attachment for snorkleing.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
Took the camera to Australia.  Was very disappointed with the battery life initially.  Tried to charge it in the car with no luck and had issues with it even at home base.  Tried to buy a new battery, but they battery appears to be rare.  Was hoping it was the same as the go pro's.  Apparently not.  Then I discovered my problem - the damn camera turns on when you plug it in and starts recording - hence no battery power and hours of useless video.  If I pulled the memory card it would charge fine.  Got lots of video of the kids in the pool.  I managed to sort it all out for the Great Barrier Reef trip.  Got lots of video - much of it crappy quality due to my pathetic videographer skills. 

Video quality on playback was pretty good.  I even figured out how to play it back on my tablet eventually during the trip which was cool. 

+-SUPPORT US