Author Topic: D-TAG flummoxed  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
D-TAG flummoxed
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:03:23 PM »
I neglected to take the D-TAG strip off my feckin race bib and attach to my shoe at today's half. After checking online results and sure enough not seeing my name I wrote the RD and included all relevant details, including a link to Garmin Connect where my race has been uploaded. This is the third time I have run this race in it's 5 year history. I am a middle of the pack hobby-jogger, so it's not like I am age group placing or doing anything of note.

So what's the odds that this one will end up in the books?

Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
Re: D-TAG flummoxed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »
I neglected to take the D-TAG strip off my feckin race bib and attach to my shoe at today's half. After checking online results and sure enough not seeing my name I wrote the RD and included all relevant details, including a link to Garmin Connect where my race has been uploaded. This is the third time I have run this race in it's 5 year history. I am a middle of the pack hobby-jogger, so it's not like I am age group placing or doing anything of note.

So what's the odds that this one will end up in the books?

What is D tag?
I have had race directirs fix their results. But only when i did not place in my age group.  I was first in my age group in a smaller marathon, but they had not listed my age.  When I sent the director the correct info wit my age, they did not want to fix... Someone else got the age award.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Re: D-TAG flummoxed
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »
What is D tag?
I have had race directirs fix their results. But only when i did not place in my age group.  I was first in my age group in a smaller marathon, but they had not listed my age.  When I sent the director the correct info wit my age, they did not want to fix... Someone else got the age award.

It comes attached to your bib. You are supposed to take it off and wrap it around your laces. I pinned the bib on, meant to do the D TAG thing when I got to my car to drop off the swag bag and just plain forgot about it.

Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

+-SUPPORT US