Author Topic: Saturday November 21  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
Saturday November 21
« on: November 21, 2020, 12:39:41 PM »
~ 4 1/2 miles. Cloudy and hot, 61°.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Re: Saturday November 21
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
22.1K. Temps back to normal in the low 40Fs. Ran by a Frisbee golf course,  and it was packed with players

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 08:58:06 AM »
Ran last race of the year, and maybe beyond that for a couple months. Even here, where there have been some races going on every week since July, local events scheduled for January are being canceled.

It was the state USATF 5K road champs (XC also scheduled for this month got canceled).

As with the other 5Ks they had wave starts of 25, going off all morning, with no more than 175 runners starting in an hour. This time they put all the USATF entered runners into single men's an women's waves of 20-25  runners.

We went first, women 2 minutes later. Most in my wave were fairly fast (some pro runners up front), so us old guys got gapped quickly, and I ran most of the way alone in no man's land. Took the first half K too fast but settled in, ran splits of 5:52, and 6:09. One young guy passed me at just before 2 miles and I couldn't match his pace.

With about a half mile to go the top woman (who was 5th at the USA Olympic trials marathon last Feb.) went flying by and I picked up my pace, while trying not to puke (a thing now). With a quarter mile remaining, 2nd woman ran by but this time I latched on a bit better for as long as I could. And one more ran past in the final sprint but was able to match the pace more or less. So finished (6:05 for mile 3, 5:45 pace on the 0.11). Finished 5K in 18:44 (course a little long because the moved the start back), 1st in age, 4th masters and new age group course record (also hold one from previous age group). Fastest 5K of the year but a ways off from recent previous years, when I was on a roll.

Going to take a few relaxed weeks before picking it up again by mid-December.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »
Finished 5K in 18:44 (course a little long because the moved the start back), 1st in age, 4th masters and new age group course record (also hold one from previous age group).

Nice work Coyote. Better work on not puking.
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 04:12:13 PM »
Thanks Fast Eddie, I manage it by recognizing the signals and I have to ease up to a more aerobic pace and take in some deep breaths. It's due to lack of oxygen to my stomach at V02 max or faster paces and it has only bothered me at altitude so far.  A friend who works in the diet supplement business also suggested ginger tea and turmeric before hard efforts and I have been doing that, seems to help some.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

+-SUPPORT US