Author Topic: Trying these lentil patties tomorrow  (Read 3659 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Trying these lentil patties tomorrow
« on: November 08, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
http://www.cookrepublic.com/journal/cook-republic-food-blog-wins-best-australian-blog-2013-french-lentil-patties-green-sauce/

I had a meal plan for the whole week last week. This weekend I didn't have time to make the menu for this coming week (tomorrow is our first day of the week). It was so easy last week. I wasn't scrambling at 2pm trying to figure out what to make. It was on the paper and I knew I had the ingredients.

I have the stuff for these. I'll go to the store just to see if they have French lentils, I'm sure I just have the regular green ones. Probably do another veggie and a salad on the side. Half the time I make new things DH ends up not liking it. He's not picky, he eats everything, but I'm beginning to think he doesn't like change (food wise).
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
Re: Trying these lentil patties tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
Sounds delicious. Are you going to make the sauce as well?

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
I didn't get to try them tonige because DH wanted wings for him and his friend that is coming over to watch football in a bit, so I made an easy dinner (Mediterranean tuna salad), so I would have time to make the wings too.
I'm definitely making the patties tomorrow. I was going to try the sauce but I don't think I can get those lemon leaves here.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »
I didn't get to try them tonige because DH wanted wings for him and his friend that is coming over to watch football in a bit, so I made an easy dinner (Mediterranean tuna salad), so I would have time to make the wings too.
I'm definitely making the patties tomorrow. I was going to try the sauce but I don't think I can get those lemon leaves here.

the first time I clicked the link, I gave up because there was too much scrolling to find the recipe... but because of the lemon leaf comment, I persevered this time.

Lemon balm is a green herb, not anything to do with actual lemons... it's very lemon-y tasting though... you could probably increase the basil a bit and use some lemon zest.  I might have to make this... I wonder if my lemon balm is still alive...

+-SUPPORT US