Author Topic: Lights?  (Read 3034 times)

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
Lights?
« on: July 07, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »
I want an easy to set up light that I can fold up and store in a closet.  I don't want to spent a lot of money because it's not something I'll use all the time.  (Used would be ok if I knew what I was looking for). 

Basically I end up being my own model for nudes that I paint from, although I have a couple of friends that I might get to pose at some point.  Dragging every light fixture I have in my house into one corner to do a shoot is a pain in the butt that I don't need on top of running back and forth between said corner and my little point and shoot camera on a timer.  (Come to think of it, a real sized tripod might be nice too vs the minor tripod on top of a box on top of a stool.)
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline omega lambda

• The Runners
Re: Lights?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
Do you have a window with privacy? I like natural light best, and a big window, with or without sheers is, in my opinion, the best light set up there is.

Take a look at B&H Photo and video, Adorama, Samy's online. Look for a two-light kit that comes with 2 stands, 2 adjustable lights and two umbrellas. There are small travel kits that will do the job.

You can probably get a light weight tripod for $50-ish dollars.

+-SUPPORT US