Author Topic: Spiralizer thing, for veggies  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
Spiralizer thing, for veggies
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »
So, Meri sent me her extra, a long time ago, and we were in our temporary digs, so it stayed in the box.  Then we moved, and I put the box in the pantry, just like it was mailed to me.  I kind of forgot about it.

I pulled it out this weekend, and holy crap, it's fabulous!!  I made zucchini "noodles" to go with some pepper steak I made for my mom and dh (they had egg noodles), and it was awesome!  Thn I used it the next day to make hash browns, essentially.  Yum. 

I'm going to try sweet potatoes and butternut squash next. 

I also bought more zucchini to make spaghetti with this week!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Spiralizer thing, for veggies
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »
:) this is the real reason i was bummed our zucchini did not make it this year!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
I have one of these things. It's so cool but I have only used it once on a raw potato to see if it really worked. Did you cook the zucchini after you made the shape? Did it keep its spiral shape? Spiral hashbrowns?
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »
i did not cook it and ate it raw. this is really good--- http://ohsheglows.com/2013/07/01/rad-rainbow-raw-pad-thai/
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
I have one of these things. It's so cool but I have only used it once on a raw potato to see if it really worked. Did you cook the zucchini after you made the shape? Did it keep its spiral shape? Spiral hashbrowns?

I cooked the zucchini and potato in the skillet with a bit of olive oil...  You can also toss in oil and bake for 5-7 min, on other stuff.  It very much kept its shape :)

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:42:05 PM »
Ooh I just got a new one and have all sorts of recipes to try out including a carrot ribbon carbonara!
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »
Please share!!

Offline triciaflower

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
I love my noodle maker!!!!!!

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
Omg, that looks delicious.

Offline Miss

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 03:29:39 PM »
So, Meri sent me her extra, a long time ago, and we were in our temporary digs, so it stayed in the box.  Then we moved, and I put the box in the pantry, just like it was mailed to me.  I kind of forgot about it.

I pulled it out this weekend, and holy crap, it's fabulous!!  I made zucchini "noodles" to go with some pepper steak I made for my mom and dh (they had egg noodles), and it was awesome!  Thn I used it the next day to make hash browns, essentially.  Yum. 

I'm going to try sweet potatoes and butternut squash next. 

I also bought more zucchini to make spaghetti with this week!

I'm looking for one.  What brand is it?
"carpe fucking diem"

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
- Mark Twain

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »
That is the one I have too.

Offline triciaflower

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 11:53:30 PM »
Occasionally, Amazon will put it on sale for like 20-25 bucks. Keep watching it. I got mine cheap. And with free shipping for amazon prime!

Offline wherestheportojohn

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
 :pissed: do not need any new kitchen gadgets. No. Must not look on amazon. Must not.  :panic:
On, Wisconsin

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
my only beef with the spiralizer is zucchini, when not in the height of the summer season, is really expensive so i seem to only use the thing in the summer. I am too cheap :D

+-SUPPORT US