Author Topic: Easy potato soup  (Read 2491 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Easy potato soup
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
I have not been cooking regularly because I'm big and pregnant and tired. I knew DH wanted some soup tonite though, and neither of us felt like stopping to pick some up. So I made potato soup because it doesn't take long.

3 potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
2 onions peeled and chopped
Salt/pepper
Corn

I just boil the onions and potatoes together for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft. After they're soft I scoop it all out with a slotted spoon and put it in my food processor, add a little of the water it all boiled in it, and purée it. It took me 3 times to purée the amount I had tonite. I purée, then put in a different pot, purée some more and add to the pot. Because if you add it back to the water you boiled in it will be too watery. That's why I just add water as I go while pureeing.
Once you finish pureeing, add corn kernels. I used frozen and I added the whole bag (the steam in the bag one. It wasn't huge). Salt, pepper, shredded cheese if you want. I guess it took me about 45 minutes total. I was going to experiment with adding a little cream, but I didn't feel like it. I'll try it next time.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
Re: Easy potato soup
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »
Very nice! Sounds like a flexible base that you could add whatever you wanted to, in terms of herbs or cheese or stuff. I love corn in a soup like that.
This space for rent.

+-SUPPORT US