Forum > Food

Bread baking

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kumbaya:
I'm an expert now that I've watched 7 seasons of GBBO. :D

DocBuzzkill:

--- Quote from: Kumbaya on January 16, 2023, 01:29:57 PM ---I'm an expert now that I've watched 7 seasons of GBBO. :D

--- End quote ---

:D

My mother cut warm, even hot from the oven, bread with an electric knife (serrated, reciprocating blades), and that sliced the bread without mashing it.  Worked well with dense loaves and could cut thin slices.  I don't bake bread all that often, but I'm considering buying an electric knife dedicated to slicing bread. 

picote:
The first loaf was definitely a little gummy. I don’t usually try to cut it until it’s cooled, other than maybe a taster slice, but I have been putting it in Saran Wrap pretty quickly. I think I’ll try again and use the dark setting and let it sit out overnight and see if that makes a difference.

It never occurred to me to use an electric knife-I bet I can pick one up at goodwill and give it a try!

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: DocBuzzkill on January 16, 2023, 05:22:35 PM ---

:D

My mother cut warm, even hot from the oven, bread with an electric knife (serrated, reciprocating blades), and that sliced the bread without mashing it.  Worked well with dense loaves and could cut thin slices.  I don't bake bread all that often, but I'm considering buying an electric knife dedicated to slicing bread. 

--- End quote ---

I was going to suggest an electric knife might be the answer.

BonitaApplebum:
My BFF's son has started working as a professional baker -- the other night he sent over three loaves: sourdough, challah, and cranberry sourdough. So good! The cranberry one I've been eating toasted with PB on it and it's really out of this world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version