Author Topic: PIKESPEAK!!!  (Read 2058 times)

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
PIKESPEAK!!!
« on: August 25, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/25/pikes-peak-marathon-2019-kilian-jornet/?fbclid=IwAR2PVRu6RxKAmjPkN7N3jBSNZRMNqroGS7rAodUzfPy7BujQ7A11WNvo5AI

Every now and then Killian likes to pop over to the U.S. and destroy everyone in a race to remind us he's still there.  But the fact that he was still a considerable distance behind Carpenter's course record shows just how beastly it is. 

On the women's side, Maude Mathys shatters the course record, which has raised a few eyebrows with the irunfar folks over an apparent drug-tainted past.  Hopefully she comes out clean this time?

You've done this one, haven't you wilson? Is it awesome?  :specs:

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
Re: PIKESPEAK!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 10:40:13 AM »
The race got a lot of press this year with record attempts by Jornet doing the full and Joe Gray going for the half. I had not of heard new women's record Maude Mathys before this. But this race has a big international flavor, from the mountain running circuit and we don't hear much about many of those not from the US (other than Jornet).

There was a lot of bitter back and forth on letsrun (well do you expect anything else?!) re: Jornet vs. course record holder Matt Carpenter.

I did the Ascent a few years ago and felt it was one of the hardest things I've done (Boston 2018 in the rain was on par).

I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
Re: PIKESPEAK!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:40:12 PM »
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/25/pikes-peak-marathon-2019-kilian-jornet/?fbclid=IwAR2PVRu6RxKAmjPkN7N3jBSNZRMNqroGS7rAodUzfPy7BujQ7A11WNvo5AI

On the women's side, Maude Mathys shatters the course record, which has raised a few eyebrows with the irunfar folks over an apparent drug-tainted past.  Hopefully she comes out clean this time?

Even if she hadn't been popped in a drug test before (don't know the background), I'd be a bit suspicious. 2nd fastest ascent of all time while breaking the course record by 14 or 15 minutes?

Eyebrows raised?
Yes.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

+-SUPPORT US