Author Topic: The Vuelta  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
The Vuelta
« on: August 30, 2017, 12:09:08 PM »
Isn't anyone following the Vuelta?  I'm following it online.  Froomie is looking good so far.  Does anyone think he can make it happen this year?  It will put him in very exclusive company if he does. 
I've been doing this how long?

Offline ctjim

• The Runners
Re: The Vuelta
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:15:18 PM »
I've been trying to follow, but no time.
I saw that Contador had a good day yesterday (or the day before) and clawed some time back.
Froomie hit the deck that day, too.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
Yes, but Contador is still back in 9th postion (or thereabouts) so I don't think he's in a great position to podium.  Froomie did hit the deck - twice that day.  His team mates helped him reduce the time losses because of that to 20 seconds so he's still in a good place. 

Some crazy stuff happened yesterday.  A cop pushed a fan into a motorcycle (accidentally?) and a fan pushed a rider over the barriers.  The Vuelta seems to be a bit more wild west than Le Tour. 

I'm rooting for Froomie this year - I'd like to see him double. 

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »
Well Froom did it - the first Le Tour - Vuelta double of the modern era.  I didn't think he could, but he brought the A-team and managed to out do Nibali in the hills.  As a Canadian it was great to see Wood's performance - I think I read his 7th place was in the top 5 Canadian finishes at a Grand Tour.  I hope to see more of him next year - particularly now that Slipstream managed to ink a new lead sponsor deal. 

+-SUPPORT US