Author Topic: pasta in the instant pot  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
pasta in the instant pot
« on: April 11, 2017, 05:54:35 PM »
Since RA asked about the salmon, I wanted to ask somewhere about making pasta in the IP.  I read somewhere to put in water, dry pasta, and a jar of marinara sauce.  Is this really true?  For how long?

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
Re: pasta in the instant pot
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:06:23 PM »
my colleague uses her instant pot for pasta fairly frequently.  she said she'd need to know how much you wanted to make, and how saucy (very flirtatious noodles) you like your pasta. 

she did provide a rough guideline though : twice as much liquid (in liquid ounces) as pasta (in dry ounces).

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:09 PM »
I've not made pasta with sauce. I make it without sauce fairly regularly though. I put the noodles in and enough water just to cover (a few ends sticking out is ok). I sent the IP for half the time the pasta says on the box. This has been fool proof and the pasta is never mushy (surprisingly). If I were to do sauce I'd probably start with the same liquid/pasta ratio and adjust from there.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
I want to try a deconstructed lasagna in the instant pot. Like, pasta, sauce, ricotta, cheese, just throw it all in and see what happens. Maybe dump it into a dish and put it under the broiler for a minute at the end.

Basically, I wasn't to spend as little effort as possible and see how it turns out. Could be a game changer. Could suck.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 12:48:38 AM »
I made this last night. 5-6 oz pasta, 1 cup water, 1 1/2 cups sauce, some frozen meatballs.  I cook it for 7 minutes with a QPR, but I live at elevation so I'd start with 6 minutes if you're at sea level. Easiest meal ever.

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »
Yes!  This is one of my easy go-to meals during the week.  I add pre-made meatballs, a jar of sauce, a box of pasta, and a jar of water.  Cook for 1/2 the cooking time of the pasta as directed on the box, quick release. 

+-SUPPORT US