Author Topic: A Farewell To Carbs  (Read 25744 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: A Farewell To Carbs
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »
low carb diets include eliminating fruit?  I had no idea.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Atkins even cuts out most veggies. No carrots,  sweet potatoes,  peppers, and kale is in the "caution" group.

http://sa.atkins.com/new-atkins/the-program/phase-1-induction.html

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 01:21:19 PM »
I am going to start logging my food again January 1, maybe 2nd ;) If we go to NYC Monday then the 3rd :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »
Atkins even cuts out most veggies. No carrots,  sweet potatoes,  peppers, and kale is in the "caution" group.

http://sa.atkins.com/new-atkins/the-program/phase-1-induction.html
ok, at the risk of sounding judgey... that is nuts.

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 03:35:58 PM »

Right?

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »

To be fair, that's just the first phase in the weight loss plan. The goal is  to lose the weight and gradually increase carbs and find a carb amount that is not excessive for yourself, that is, the amount of carbs you can eat and maintain your weight.

Offline DocBuzzkill

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
 :nono:

#notallprogressives

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 10:50:58 PM »
You will take my carbs from my cold dead body.  Plus I already eat too much bacon.

I would say my main issues are:
(1) Not planning for lunch - and therefore skipping it and being INSANELY HUNGRY when I get off work. 
(2) Too much alcohol
(3) Not enough exercise
(4) Irratic work schedule (if I'm starving at 5 and working until 7....well, not pretty).

These all have a habit of playing into one another.  I'm slammed at work and don't make it to the store, so I don't have lunch, so I'm really really hungry and have no food (or time) so I go to the bar near work where there is food and drink and then it's late because also I desperately need to socialize a little to relieve the stress so I'm there more than the 45 minutes it really takes so again there's no time for store or exercise or packing lunch.  Repeat.

Also I am a sandwich girl.  Solving the above involves sandwiches for lunch.  I just cannot do salad at lunchtime.  It's time-consuming and I get tired of eating it long before I've had enough to sustain me to dinner.   I don't mind salads for dinner, but if I missed lunch and am in EAT ALL THE THINGS mode, a salad just does not have the same appeal as say country fried steak with gravy.

Carbs are the least of my problems.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 11:08:11 PM »
RG is my chubbiness twin! (Only she's not chubby)

Offline floridagal

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:35 PM »
Explain the no alcohol part....complete abstinence?  :panic:
If I've learned nothing else, it's that people are crazy.
--RioG

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 01:16:17 AM »
Well, not forever! But I'm a beer drinker, primarily. It's easier for me to just cut it out entirely for a while.

Offline floridagal

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »
Well, not forever! But I'm a beer drinker, primarily. It's easier for me to just cut it out entirely for a while.

Same... well, the beer drinkier part not the easier to just cut it out completely part.  I'm going to give this all a try a little later than youse guys - my son is home from college til Wednesday or Thursday.
If I've learned nothing else, it's that people are crazy.
--RioG

Offline Sparklebuggy

• Not Dead
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 02:37:57 PM »
To be fair, that's just the first phase in the weight loss plan. The goal is  to lose the weight and gradually increase carbs and find a carb amount that is not excessive for yourself, that is, the amount of carbs you can eat and maintain your weight.

Dag....if you're interested in keto, lookup ketogains on reddit and Facebook. If you truly want to shred fat, go to www.ketogains.com and use their Marco calculator.

It's amazing to see the transformations that people post. I have been keto for years, but it's amazing to see where people come from and how they are able to change their lifestyle. Be sure to read the FAQ page, or else you may get shamed...just a heads up!  :panic:

Here are a few websites that I like...www.ditchthecarbs.com, www.ruled.me.com, www.iquitsugar.com and www.rippedrecipes.com. Also, reddit has a sub for keto recipes. Ketogains also has another page for recipes, though I'm  not sure what it's called.

Just remember, carbs are not needed! Protein is a goal, fat is is a lever and carb is a limit!   :preen:

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 07:58:32 PM »
Dag....if you're interested in keto, lookup ketogains on reddit and Facebook. If you truly want to shred fat, go to www.ketogains.com and use their Marco calculator.

It's amazing to see the transformations that people post. I have been keto for years, but it's amazing to see where people come from and how they are able to change their lifestyle. Be sure to read the FAQ page, or else you may get shamed...just a heads up!  :panic:

Here are a few websites that I like...www.ditchthecarbs.com, www.ruled.me.com, www.iquitsugar.com and www.rippedrecipes.com. Also, reddit has a sub for keto recipes. Ketogains also has another page for recipes, though I'm  not sure what it's called.

Just remember, carbs are not needed! Protein is a goal, fat is is a lever and carb is a limit!   :preen:

I have not seen that website yet, I've been using the ankerl calculator? Already had to recalculate twice since the beginning of December! But I will check out that site.

I've seen the keto recipe sub and also check out xxketo from time to time.  Still being very good with carbs but I did have a tryst with some Lily's chocolate last night :-o

My willpower will be tested as I'm on vacation next week and then two weeks after I return I'm off to Europe for work for three weeks :panic: breads and paella and pastries, oh fuck.

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 02:05:37 PM »
Has anyone said lots of cabbage yet? Totally forgot that this is my low carb secret until the veggie thread. If I'm prepared with enough cabbage and cooking time, it really makes everything seem easy. These days, I'm a bit too lazy but am gonna try :(

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »
Has anyone said lots of cabbage yet? Totally forgot that this is my low carb secret until the veggie thread. If I'm prepared with enough cabbage and cooking time, it really makes everything seem easy. These days, I'm a bit too lazy but am gonna try :(
Ooooh i used to make a cabbage pad thai with cabbage shredded instead of the noodles, SO YUMMY! I totally forgot abotu that!~
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »
Ooooh i used to make a cabbage pad thai with cabbage shredded instead of the noodles, SO YUMMY! I totally forgot abotu that!~
I need to investigate this! I love pad thai.

Offline wherestheportojohn

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »
I just found this thread.

Whoa.

...and, I'm getting the fuck outta here....

On, Wisconsin

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »
I'm doing pretty well. I am curious about the cabbage, though. How are people making DELICIOUS AND WONDERFUL cabbage? In my experience, cabbage kind of sucks. I'd love to find out otherwise.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
The roasted cabbage wedges that meri was talking about are really tasty and easy.  Recipes abound, but it's basically a matter whacking the entire head into disks about an inch, thick drizzling with olive oil, and seasoning with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning that strikes your fancy.  I'm in love with Aleppo Pepper from the Spice House at the moment, but people use carraway, fennel, stuff like that.  Arrange in a roasting pan and stick them in a 400 degree oven until you get whatever degree of roastedness you like.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »
And then you just eat the wedge? All by itself?  :skep:

I will try it, but I feel like you cabbage eaters are playing an elaborate hoax on me.

+-SUPPORT US