Author Topic: Sabbatical  (Read 25830 times)

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
Re: Sabbatical
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
Sue -- Did you get your mom moved to TX? I remember your planning but I don't remember it actually happening.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »
And the posse of perfection is ignoring me. I started a thread about my mom and no one except the addressee even responded.  And someone deleted the thread.

I don't know about your Mom because I never saw the thread, but I'm assuming it's health related and I'm sorry.  How did your thread get deleted?  Wouldn't that require admin privileges? 

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »
The originator or a mod can. 

Never got her here. She goes home this week and I'm okay with it.  :)

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
posse of perfection
I do like this phrase.
And bucket of insufferables.
:D

Sorry about all your family stuff, Sue. I don't have any experience or advice that could help, and I'm not one to just post :hug: or :heartbeat:
My cynical New England mind finds that hollow--I guess I'm a mansplainer at heart and want to offer help (unless it's a situation where a good quip is called for...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »
The originator or a mod can. 

Never got her here. She goes home this week and I'm okay with it.  :)

:hug:  Back with your sister?

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 04:32:39 PM »
Yup.  She actually realizes that shr drank herself into the hospital. Cross your fingers that she remembers.

Offline ihop

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
Oh Sue.  :hug:
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 04:40:48 PM »
Yup.  She actually realizes that shr drank herself into the hospital. Cross your fingers that she remembers.

:fingers: :fingers: :fingers:

Offline monster2

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 09:16:08 PM »
Sorry Sue, your flounce was impressive though! ;) I will tell you the same thing, actually I won't use the exact words but don't let them run you off.
I did also see your other thread I just had nothing helpful to add, I know probably some support it wouldn't have hurt. :(

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 10:09:52 PM »
I do wish i stopped back to see thevreaction. Now, anyway. I was very hurt.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2016, 12:17:22 AM »
I do wish i stopped back to see thevreaction. Now, anyway. I was very hurt.

Don't look back.  People say shit when you aren't around and they feel like they can talk about you in the third person with impunity.  It's not worth your time or energy to read that stuff. 

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2016, 07:32:52 AM »
Don't look back.  People say shit when you aren't around and they feel like they can talk about you in the third person with impunity.  It's not worth your time or energy to read that stuff. 

Some people. Not everyone.

Offline ihop

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2016, 04:02:42 PM »
Hey, I flounced from my own site.  I don't reach the righteous fury expected of me.

Wait, what? When?

I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »
sabbatical -- a break or change from a normal routine (as of employment)

I think I'll hang out in the Open Pub for a week or two hoping things calm down in yammering. It's going to be lonely.  :cheers:

This might be an unprecedented time, so the tenor might not change in a week or two, or even two more months. In other words poo will be flung far and wide for quite some time.

That said, just coming off of a long sabbatical, weren't we in mid conversation over US Cycling Pro Challenge (now defunct) when I up and left?  I just couldn't take the heat.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
Wait, what? When?
yes, i want to know too!

Susie Q, we luvs ya!!

it's rare i bother with the political threads so i missed it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »
Thanks, rio.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
yes, i want to know too!

Susie Q, we luvs ya!!

it's rare i bother with the political threads so i missed it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

CTW started a thread with I just checked. The sky is not and will not be falling. His comment was not well received at all.
http://chrunners.net/forum/index.php?topic=111765.msg2720645#msg2720645

There is a distinct absence of political threads in the CH this morning. I think maybe a number of posters have decided to take their ball and play elsewhere.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2016, 11:30:21 AM »
This might be an unprecedented time, so the tenor might not change in a week or two, or even two more months. In other words poo will be flung far and wide for quite some time.

That said, just coming off of a long sabbatical, weren't we in mid conversation over US Cycling Pro Challenge (now defunct) when I up and left?  I just couldn't take the heat.

BTW -- Welcome back. You've been missed.

The collapse of the US Cycling Pro Challenge was a surprise -- at least to me. I think the Pro sport of cycling may collapse, too. When I last checked cycling news there were articles about the corrupt practice among the Italian teams of paying to get on the team, Thomas Dekker's doping practices, Cancellara's retirement -- and hints that he may not have ridden clean even though he never tested positive. That's on top of the motors in bikes scandals of earlier this year. Even I've given up being a fan.

I need to go read your Race Event post.  :)

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »
BTW -- Welcome back. You've been missed.

The collapse of the US Cycling Pro Challenge was a surprise -- at least to me. I think the Pro sport of cycling may collapse, too. When I last checked cycling news there were articles about the corrupt practice among the Italian teams of paying to get on the team, Thomas Dekker's doping practices, Cancellara's retirement -- and hints that he may not have ridden clean even though he never tested positive. That's on top of the motors in bikes scandals of earlier this year. Even I've given up being a fan.

I need to go read your Race Event post.  :)
Ahh thanks.
There was a lot of talk last  year and this year about the US Pro Challenge, and I guess they just couldn't turn a profit even though the entire state was behind it. They are talking about bringing back a smaller scale event, probably based in Denver-Boulder only (not all around the state, and region) with races "spoking out" to outlying areas but most if not all of the finishes in the cities. Hear you as far as drugs and corruption, I don't follow cycling closely but it's there in other sports as well. I'd definitely go to some races if they had them here again.

+-SUPPORT US