Author Topic: Sabbatical  (Read 25832 times)

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Sabbatical
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
I thought it would be a nice compromise to discussing things over there. It doesn't seem fair that all right leaning discussions should be off limits.

You are right.  Its not.  Maybe I'm naive, but I think tone is probably the biggest factor in the success or not of a "political" or philosophical discussion and that if everyone responded in a respectful manner a good discourse could be had.  Unfortunately things seem to get emotional and immature on both sides and everything goes to hell.  :( 
I've been doing this how long?

siamesedream

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »
So, how about dem Flyers?

The orange and Black is back!

Just kidding

Offline ihop

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 04:47:44 PM »
pretty great beer map :)

I'm sorry you're not feeling comfortable over there right now.  I've been off the board for the past couple of days and assume it's because of the election results, but hopefully nobody has targeted you personally?

Sorry Tenacious.  To be honest, I am not really comfortable there either right now.  And I voted for HRC! 

:D
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 06:03:35 PM »

Sorry Tenacious.  To be honest, I am not really comfortable there either right now.  And I voted for HRC! 

Well I've honestly had enough of politics for now. I was blindsided by the election results and it was tough not to be able to process that in the CH. But I'm finally getting my head wrapped around a Trump presidency. So I'm done "processing" the election.

How can we turn this place into a great blow off steam, cut loose and have a little fun place -- without stomping on anyone's toes?

DH and I have been enjoying a number of craft beers lately. It looks like I lean heavily toward pilsners -- and there's a whole lot of beer out there I have yet to explore.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 06:18:01 PM »
I've had enough of politics, too. Or rather, I don't always personally like the tenor of discussions here (and how easily and obviously the same people get their cranks yanked again and again and again. Maybe it's closing-in-on-two-decades working with middle schoolers, but I'm baffled by people whose buttons can be so obviously pushed...some of these yammerers would be eaten alive by some of the kids I've known :D )

Beer is a weekend-only indulgence for me, but I'm very particular about what I like: the hoppier the better! :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline monster2

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 08:08:15 PM »
Erm, Ziggy. I love ya, but you get what you get when you are the button pusher. :)

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 08:27:51 PM »
Erm, Ziggy. I love ya, but you get what you get when you are the button pusher. :)

I tend to push *back*.

Offline monster2

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 08:34:33 PM »
Yes, you push back, but sometimes you are the first little finger reaching for the button.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »
Yes, you push back, but sometimes you are the first little finger reaching for the button.

And sometimes I start harmless threads and am accused of nonexistent nefarious motives. :shrug:
Can't change a closed mind, so honi soit qui mal y pense to those who would jump to negative conclusions. :D

Offline monster2

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »
"Sometimes", ;) it's ok to be a shit stirrer.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 10:20:03 PM »
Stop that!  :stretch:

7 year old: Dad, do trees poop?

Dad: Sure.

7 year old: Really?

Dad: Why do you think they call them "No. 2 pencils"?

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »
Stop that!  :stretch:

7 year old: Dad, do trees poop?

Dad: Sure.

7 year old: Really?

Dad: Why do you think they call them "No. 2 pencils"?

snigger.  I like a lot of beer styles, but I tend to not care for Belgian style beers.  Particularly the fruit beers, but I'm not a huge fan of Saisson's either.  I love IPA's, Bitters, Lagers, Pale Ales, ESB's, Pilsners, Hefeweizens.  I don't mind a good Radler on a hot summers day.  I can enjoy a stout too in the right conditions.  Not so bit on Cream Ales.

I am finding however that I get the worst hangovers from too much draft beer.  :( 
I've been doing this how long?

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
Hey, I flounced from my own site.  I don't reach the righteous fury expected of me.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 12:45:53 PM »
Hey, I flounced from my own site.  I don't reach the righteous fury expected of me.

:rotfl:

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 01:55:03 PM »

I saw that. I was glad you spoke up because I felt it would be inappropriate for me to say anything.

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
And the posse of perfection is ignoring me. I started a thread about my mom and no one except the addressee even responded.  And someone deleted the thread.

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »
And we have to speak up.    People are being ganged up on and run off.  It's wrong. 

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
I've been told that people only leave this place of their own volition... ;)

Offline ihop

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 03:02:19 PM »
And the posse of perfection is ignoring me. I started a thread about my mom and no one except the addressee even responded.  And someone deleted the thread.

Wait, what?  I haven't been on much at all.
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 03:14:35 PM »
And we have to speak up.    People are being ganged up on and run off.  It's wrong. 

The "cool ethan" thread is still there. It's near the bottom of the page. Was there another one? I didn't post in that one b/c I couldn't add anything to CE's MCD experience/advice. You guys are still on my prayer list.

I will work on speaking up. Some seem so hurt that they don't even realize they're taking things too far.

+-SUPPORT US