Author Topic: So, what are YOU riding?  (Read 18521 times)

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: So, what are YOU riding?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 02:42:09 PM »
Forgot about this thread, Six Tgirteen, Winter and summer Mukluk and Rocky Mountain

Oooh, a fat bike.  If I lived in snow country I think I'd have one of those. 
I've been doing this how long?

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
Oooh, a fat bike.  If I lived in snow country I think I'd have one of those. 

They are SOOO much fun, but you don't need to live in snow land. Many of my MTB buddies ride nothing else anymore.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline ihop

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 02:33:50 PM »
DD is now tall enough to ride my road bike.  She tried it for the first time on Saturday (DH switched out the clips for pedals) and she road 10 miles on Sunday with him.  They both loved it.
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »
MrsT and the kids were at the fondo finish line last Saturday.  While they didn't see me cross, they did see an 11 year old boy - the youngest person to ride the whole 122 km distance.  Now the kids want to do it too - particularly my son.  The girls may drop off, but I think I need to find a bike suitable for a 10/11 year old to train on. 

Offline ihop

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
MrsT and the kids were at the fondo finish line last Saturday.  While they didn't see me cross, they did see an 11 year old boy - the youngest person to ride the whole 122 km distance.  Now the kids want to do it too - particularly my son.  The girls may drop off, but I think I need to find a bike suitable for a 10/11 year old to train on. 

DD is 11.  They road again this last weekend - 18 miles I think.  And they promptly went to the bike shop for shorts, shirt, glasses, etc.  DD loves it!

Look for a used road bike that isn't much money?
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline Alf Tupper

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2016, 07:15:38 AM »
Here in London I have a Specialized Diverge. Great for commuting and weekend shopping and leisure rides.
In Ireland I have a Specialized Sirrus, old but a lovely bike. Did the Ring of Kerry on it this year.
If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.

That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »
Here in London I have a Specialized Diverge. Great for commuting and weekend shopping and leisure rides.
In Ireland I have a Specialized Sirrus, old but a lovely bike. Did the Ring of Kerry on it this year.

A steel Sirrus?  I really like those old steel specialized and Trek bikes.  I have a friend riding a mid 80's Sequoia.  Wonderful ride.  My Apollo rides much like that. 

Offline Alf Tupper

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 02:01:54 PM »
Not that old, it's an aluminium frame with carbon forks. About 10 years old I guess.
If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.

That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »
Not that old, it's an aluminium frame with carbon forks. About 10 years old I guess.

Heh, 10 years old qualifies for new(er) in my collection.  Before I picked up the Ti Brodie, my newest bike was my commuter which contains parts from a bike I initially bought in 2009. 

+-SUPPORT US