Author Topic: NBA draft  (Read 36590 times)

siamesedream

Re: NBA draft
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »
Yawnzie this year, Sixers have a 1.1 percent chance of getting the number one pick.

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2018, 11:35:31 PM »
Yawnzie this year, Sixers have a 1.1 percent chance of getting the number one pick.

Does this mean that the process is complete?

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2018, 12:21:37 AM »
Does this mean that the process is complete?

--buzz

The draft part of the process is (almost) complete. Now the free agent part of the process begins.

The process was Sam Hinkie's idea, so who knows what the 76ers would be doing if he were still GM. I now believe that Hinkie may not have had a full blueprint. He's smart, and he's definitely an "outside the box" thinker, but i'm not sure he had much of a plan beyond tanking and "collecting assets" in the form of draft picks. The idea was very simple, but Sam took it to extremes, and he hit on Embiid, Simmons, Saric, while the jury is still out on Fultz. Though Fultz is more of a Colangelo pick.

Count Okafor, MCW, and Nerlens Noel as misses, but teams make bad first round picks all the time. You pick in the high first round often enough and you're going to miss some.

Sam was like Mickey Mouse in Fantasia, smart enough to be able to cast a spell to bring the brooms to life, but not quite skilled enough to make them turn back into inanimate objects, so I guess that would make Jerry/Brian Colangelo the sorcerer, but Jerry/Brian ain't all that great either.

We'll have to C in the long run, this will play out over the next 5 years.   

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
https://deadspin.com/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-yet-another-sixers-rookie-1828166944

Admittedly, I always thought that was part of the process.  Draft a really good player.  Have him get 'injured' for a year so the team will suck for an extra year, and get right back in the lottery.  Get another high pick. repeat.

--buzz

+-SUPPORT US