Forum > Food

No dairy question

<< < (2/4) > >>

merigayle:

--- Quote from: badger on October 13, 2012, 12:59:52 PM ---This soup recipe calls for chicken broth and milk. I could probably add more broth instead of milk.

--- End quote ---
the milk would make it creamy soup instead of brothy soup. You can even get soy or coconut creamer. I use canned coconut milk to make creamy soups, but that flavor may not jibe with all recipes.

Magic Microbe:

--- Quote from: merigayle on October 13, 2012, 01:03:40 PM ---the milk would make it creamy soup instead of brothy soup. You can even get soy or coconut creamer. I use canned coconut milk to make creamy soups, but that flavor may not jibe with all recipes.

--- End quote ---

Depends...if it is a pureed potato soup the milk or replacement is unnecessary. The potato makes it plenty creamy.

badger:
Yeah, the milk is pretty important to this recipe so I had DH pick up some soy milk. Um, yeah the part about it being unsweetened is pretty important. It didn't taste super sweet as straight milk, but the soup itself is a little interesting.

Natasha:

--- Quote from: Magic Microbe on October 13, 2012, 03:12:40 PM ---Depends...if it is a pureed potato soup the milk or replacement is unnecessary. The potato makes it plenty creamy.

--- End quote ---

merigayle:

--- Quote from: badger on October 13, 2012, 04:47:03 PM ---Yeah, the milk is pretty important to this recipe so I had DH pick up some soy milk. Um, yeah the part about it being unsweetened is pretty important. It didn't taste super sweet as straight milk, but the soup itself is a little interesting.

--- End quote ---
was it not unsweetened soy milk??????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version